NHL playoff poll

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:36 am
I think Tampa is gonna win in 5 games. THey are ust so much better.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:38 am
good one...don't know if they're SO much better...I just hope it's 7. I love my Stanley Cup games.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:42 am
Oh they are SO much better, I promise you. I loved last years Stanley Cup quest. I wanted Giguere to win so much! I was sad for a day or two.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:47 am
I (boo hiss) rooted for the Devils. I'm an Eastern type guy. But my heart went out to Giguere. He was tres formidable.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:49 am
It made me very sad when Kariya bailed on the team. Federov and Kariya would have been a pretty formidable line.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:50 am
Hard to keep a team together these days. I think Kariya made a big mistake. Just wasn't as effective this year
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:56 am
I didn't even pay attention to him, a sort of boycott. I did find myself watching a lot of Tampa hockey, mainly because they are so fast. BTW, who is Calgary's goalie? Is he any good?

I keep thinking it is Loungo, but he is Flordia's I think.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:00 am
Kiprusoff.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:00 am
Calgary in 7.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:01 am
Great goalie...will have his hands full with the trio: Richards, St Louis and Le Cavaliere

http://www.foxsports.com/named/FS/NHL/player?categoryId=66751
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 08:29 pm
Kiprsoff is an awesome goalie, made some really great saves tonight but he wasnt worked as hard as he usually is (surprisingly).

I bet that Calgary will win the cup in 6 or 7 games. Probably 7, but never rule 6 out (just look at the San Jose series! WOW!)

Calgary is a strong team in both defense and offense. Calgary is UNBELEIVABLY exited about us being this far into the playoffs, and I have gone to bed many nights to the sounds of screaming and hollering outside my window.

WE WILL WIN STANLEY!!!
0 Replies

Pugama

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 12:31 pm
Torts will make the right adjustments for game 2. I don't think he thought Calgary was that fast of a team. And coming off the Philly series, I KNOW the team wasn't ready for that speed. There was definitely defensive lapses. Boyle had a horrible game. They did some good things in the beginning on the 2nd period, they just couldn't sustain it.

By the way, Panzade, you got any tickets? My brother was at game 7 of the Philly series and tried to get tickets with no luck. And I don't want to pay $800 for scalpers. Got any connections?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 12:41 pm
The wife is rooting for Calgary, and happy they are playing Tampa. In her words: "The flyers are just to ugly to be in the Stanley Cup." Women and sports....go figure.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:05 am
Well, I guess it's up to me to put the capper on this NHL season. I won't mention that mine was the only vote for Les Lightning in the poll. This had to be one of the greatest Stanley Cup series ever. Calgary was so good and yet they just didn't have the firepower to match St. Louis, Vinnie, Ruslan and Brad. In the last 2 minutes of game 7 the awful cheap shot on St. Louis was distressing. I think Calgary had thrown in the towel. I guess I'll root for the Panthers next year as I live 2 hours from their stadium. Bye all, see ya next year.
0 Replies