NHL playoff poll

George

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:25 pm
After watching the Bruins make history both for themselves (never before lost a series when 3-1) and the Canadiens (never before won a series when 1-3) I am still in shock.

Worse yet, I'm going up to Montreal to visit a friend over the Memorial Day weekend. Think I have any chance of avoiding the subject?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:30 pm
Not a chance, buddy!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:36 pm
It's telling that the Habs never made the poll on this thread. Talk about underdogs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:45 pm
4-1
4-1
4-1

<tapdance>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:47 pm
I was out walkin' the dogs - the car horns started honking - I could hear people shouting from inside their houses - Arthur, did we win, I think we won, WE WON!!!!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:35 pm
panzade wrote:
Now hold on there chicken hawk! Them there's fussin words. We beat 'em fair and square. They just have more knucklehead fans than we do.

No, we just have more fans. Cub fans usually are the most intelligent and all that crap, But Bartman, BARTMAN!! Also the usually sure handed Alex Gonzalez booted that ball. Not to mention that VERY ANNOYING habit Dusty Baker has of leaving starters in too long. Evil or Very Mad Showed its head not 2 days ago when he left K-Wood in too long, and he blew the lead against the Reds. Evil or Very Mad But I don't hate Baker, he just needs to correct that habit.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:37 pm
Baker still thinks he's with the Giants. He'll get used to guiding the Cubs.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:44 pm
panzade wrote:
Baker still thinks he's with the Giants. He'll get used to guiding the Cubs.

Nah, I think the lack of a Rob Nenn type lockdown closer scares him into stretching the starters. Confused
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:56 am
ehBeth wrote:
4-1
4-1
4-1

<tapdance>

Yeaahhhhhhhhhh!! LOL!!

What else rhymes with Ot-ta-wa?
Not a hellofalotawa.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 08:53 pm
I watched with disbelief as the Leafs got behind 2-0 at home and then gave up a couple of power plays in the third period. I guess it's Sharks-Lightning for the cup and nobody will be watching.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:45 am
What? Not even in the hockey-crazed Sun Belt?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:53 am
Talk about fair-weather fans!
0 Replies

Pugama

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 09:15 am
My beloved Leafs have yet again been ousted from the playoffs by the hated Flyers. I will be in mourning until October.

Living close to Tampa Bay, I will now route for and attend a few games of the Bolts / Flyers series, heckling every Flyer fan I can!
0 Replies

Pugama

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 12:59 pm
Are you saying that I am a fair-weather fan?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:32 am
Pugama, we need your presence at the Bolts games. So far my prediction of a Shark-Bolts cup is coming true, although the Flyers are not going away quietly. But I noticed that Philly's physical play had sidelined some of their own good players. I don't know if brute strength can vanquish skillful play anymore. Primeau continues to be an amazing post-season player, he's the heart and soul of the Flyers.
0 Replies

Pugama

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 09:39 am
I'm trying to get there tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some reasonably priced tickets.
And yes, the Flyers do like to throw their weight around and it is costing them. I haven't heard the status of Roenick, but know Ragnarrson is out for sure. It's kind of scary watching the games. When Philly imposes their will, the can cycle at will. They have all playoff long, not only with the Bolts. It will be an interesting game 5! I hope they can pull it out. I would LOVE to go to a Stanley Cup game and not have to pay a fortune!

I HATE Primeau! There are very few players I say that about. I can respect a players ability, but still dislike them, I flat out HATE Primeau.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 02:19 pm
Coming to the back of a net near you:

http://www.slapshot.ch/magazin/magazin/images/5_00/nhl5.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 01:49 pm
I'm guessing that's Damphousse...am I right CJ?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 09:52 pm
Wow! I didn't expect Tampa Bay to come out of the starting gate with a 3-0 lead. Impressive, and they managed to contain Primeau. I can't stand Brashear, he's a throwback to the goon days in Philly.
0 Replies

Pugama

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 10:24 am
That was impressive. They almost got too conservative and let them back in.
I agree with you on Brashear. He's a goon but he's a sissy goon. He's a cheap shot artist. To go after Tim Taylor like he did the other night was pathetic. I feel that fighting does have a place in hockey and always should. Players should be heald accountable for their actions on the ice. But to go after someone like Taylor is pathetic.

GO LIGHTNING!
0 Replies