0

Starting An Online Businesss/Importing Clothing and Accessories

Mon 2 Dec, 2013 12:55 pm
Hi,

I am trying to start a small business by selling online fashion clothing and accessories. I have gotten information of couple of vendors, but I still don't understand the shipping method of overseas. The quantity that I'm trying to import is not close to a container at all.

I am from New York, are there any recommendation, or if there's anyone who have gone through this path as well please that can give me some advises.

My goal is to create a boutique site. What regulation or fees will I need for international shipping for clothing, accessories. I understand many chinese vendors/manufacturers work with FOB (Free On Board) and work with T/T (Telegraphic Transfer/Wire Transfer) because of the small quantity, which I don't know if is safe to do.

What taxes and licensees do I need besides a DBA (Do Business As) for my online site? What shipment method should I focus on for a small quantity?

I hope my questions are cleared

Thanks.
Topic Closed

PUNKEY

1  
Mon 2 Dec, 2013 02:31 pm
First, you need to know if you can order SMALL quantities from overseas. Why don't you just buy wholesale in your own country?

Second, you are going to need to file business paperwork. You'll need a state sales tax license, too, if you are in the US.

Call your local municipality or local Better Business Bureau and see if they have classes on importing.