Import restrictions for Ag Equipment

Thu 26 Aug, 2010 09:41 am
Does anyone know the legalities of importing agriculture equipment to the U.S.? I’m specifically interested in any import restrictions on combine harvesters. I’ve not had any luck finding specifics on the topic.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,838 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

High Seas

Thu 26 Aug, 2010 01:38 pm
@chad3006,
1. The Dept of Commerce has information on import restrictions: contact them at: http://trade.gov/ia/
2, If you know the country you want to import from, call their embassy in DC, ask for the commercial attache.
3, If you know the manufacturer's name check their website, most have listings of persons to contact for foreign orders.
0 Replies

chad3006

Wed 8 Sep, 2010 12:38 pm
OK, I talked to a guy with US customs. For anyone who's interested, it seems one can import a combine harvester as long as it's new and as long as it's not from a country on the "bad" list. A used one would require extensive cleaning, ect. and still might not pass. I wasn't actually considering the idea, I just wanted some information on the topic. It'd cost a fortune to get one over here and certainly wouldn't be cost effective.
0 Replies