Are construction workers easy to talk to?

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 08:55 am
@chai2,
omg now he's actually up on the porch!

****, I think he saw me.

my hair's a mess.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 08:59 am
@chai2,
Can we not derail this thread anymore please? I started it in good faith, trying to find out what food construction workers eat, and you've somehow got me discussing my handsome barman.

Now tell me all about Construction workers and their liking for German Sausage.

I'm expecting the wurst.
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 09:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
Ok, how's this sound?

I walk out onto the porch, and act surprised that Roberto is there.

"Oh!" I'll say.

I think that's a good start, don't you?

The weathers been rather cool here at night, I could mention (casually of course) to Roberto that I think I have a burst pipe under my skirting, and that he might take a look into the dark recesses to find the source, and plug it.

It was 46 degrees F, 7 degrees C last night, do you think that would be cold enough to fool him into getting him to investigate?
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 09:41 am
@Lordyaswas,
Just lean on the bar and mumble. You'll get your larger. It works for me.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 09:43 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
I've just arranged with a friend for us to go down there and hide behind one of the chairs in the bar for three hours for no reason other than us being able to say that I managed to get near him for so long.

Won't work, unless you leave your panties on the bar.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 09:46 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
I'm expecting the wurst.

I thought you were bringing the wurst.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 09:57 am
A big commendable! for this thread derailment. A proper A2K tradition Very Happy
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:02 am
@panzade,
And, speakin' of trains, . . .
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:20 am
@Ragman,
I'm over him now. Bar workers are SO last week!

Do you think that farmers are naturally romantic?

It's just that I saw this.......

Sigh.......
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:22 am
@Lordyaswas,
With them you might sow some wild oats.
Unless of course, you happen to be a cereal killer.
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:34 am
@Ragman,
I just brought some lawn bags out to Roberto.

He said he'd need more! Many more!

This is the breakthrough I've been loooking for. I'm going out to buy him as many lawn bags as he needs, more than he expects!

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:36 am
I don't know about the rest of you but I am on pins and needles.

Joe(I don't know which hurts more)Nation
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:48 am
@chai2,
Careful with Roberto - especially when he's in the bag!

And, speaking of being in the bag ... :
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:23 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lol.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:26 am
So by the looks of it I'm assuming this is a a2k tradition. It's far too cold out to go down to the construction site. My friend has to take her mother to the ER, so this is postponed once again. Actually was about to due to the cold weather any ways. There's not many of their trucks in the lot, and I doubt he's out working in the cat as you're only limited to so much work you can do when everything is frozen. Definitely couldn't work with dirt
panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:30 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
We're all warming our hands by the construction stove so to speak. A little chat by the fire. An old A2K tradition....when boredom sets in.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:44 am
@panzade,
I like how you phrased that. And Lol, it's pretty entertaining. Especially when our very own construction worker on here jumps in. Mostly likely not going til next week as the brutal cold is continuing this week as well as a upcoming snow storm Mad So keep the entertainment rocking! Lol
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:48 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I don't know about the rest of you but I am on pins and needles.

Joe(I don't know which hurts more)Nation

Thank you joe for your support in this. I really need it right now.

Here's what happened since my last post, hopefully it will calm some of your worries about me.

I drove as quickly as I could over to the nearest Target, about 2.5 miles away. I must have looked like a crazy person, looking all over for paper lawn bags. Finally I ran across one of the Target red shirts and almost collapsed in her arms, pleading with her to help me find these bags. She seemed to understand my dilemma, even without me mentioning Roberto by name. We were quite close to the prize, but....and this I'm finding hard to write.....they only had PLASTIC lawn bags. I was sure I was making a mistake, but what else was I to do? I bought them. There, I said it. I bought a box of plastic lawn bags.

Well, where else could things go but downhill?

I ran back to the car and got back on the road as quickly as I could. Looking down, I just about fainted behind the wheel, seeing that the low fuel indicator had lit up!

Oh come on! At a time like this?!
I decided to cast my entire life to the Fates, and pulled into a 7-11, and quickly purchased enough gas to see me through Friday, when a new credit card cylce starts.

I sped the remaining mile home, roaring and skidding into the driveway, only to see....I hope everyone is sitting down.....Wally standing there talking to Roberto!!!!!!!!!

What was he doing home? Did he know how easy Roberto was to talk to? Think chai, think!!

Wally walks towards me, I sense his ire. Or maybe it was just gas. I look beyond Wally, and Roberto glances up at me. I can see it in his eyes, him saying "Be careful, watch what you say"

I steel myself, calling upon all my strength. With Roberto's silent support, I suddenly feel all the tension flowing away from me. I can deal with this, and I will.

I hand Wally the box of plastic lawn bags and in a steady voice said "Would you please give these to Roberto? He said he needed them."

Oh the humanities! Wally looks at me and says "The recycling truck won't take the lawn trimmings and branches off unless they're in paper bags." I quickly tried to explain, but Wally didn't seem interested. What was preoccupying him? As if I didn't know.

Coldly it seemed, he said "Don't worry, Bill has extra paper lawn bags in his shed. I'll just borrow some from him" and before I could even absorb all this, he had gone, leaving me standing there, holding a box of plastic lawn bags, with fortunately, my back turned to Roberto. I'm so glad he couldn't see my face just then.

Did I keep the receipt? Thankfully, yes.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:51 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:

My friend has to take her mother to the ER, so this is postponed once again.

Oh God, that bitch. Needing to go to the ER at a time like this?

Some people just cannot get their priorities straight.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:56 am
@chai2,
ER is emergency room. Hospital. She's not doing too well. It's frustrating getting postponed, but the frigid weather also corresponds. Is a factor

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:20:32