A2K UK Meet - The resurrection

the prince

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:03 am
This is where I am proposing to hold our London meet.

Let me know if it tickles yr fancy !
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:29 am
So when's the date 21st is a wednesay
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:21 am
Gautam wrote:
This is where I am proposing to hold our London meet.

Let me know if it tickles yr fancy !

It DOES!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:31 am
The 21th of May is a Friday, and Mrs. Walter and I are leaving the London region on the 20th.

So: the 17th, 18th or 19th would suit us best - and only (if we get the permission of our hosts, that is :wink: ).
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:55 am
19th best for me, because I don't want to spend a huge amount of time away from home - or rather, work!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:14 am
kitchenpete wrote:
I'm up for another London meeting. Thanks for the reminder.

KP

Hey KP, nobody told me about this, so I'm in the huff.

Well Walter did, indirectly on another thread, but that does not count. Does it?
I will forbid Fiona to consort with that Gautam any more.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 12:05 pm
McTag

I can't remember how I found the tread but you're right - we should have invited you. Embarrassed

19th now in my diary (subject to confirmation). I can, currently, make the 17th and 18th as well. It's just possible that I may need to be in Dublin that week - just a warning - but I'll try to be in London!

KP
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 12:09 pm
Well, it's only GBP 84.80 for a return ticket - that's less than for a lunch in the City :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 12:12 pm
Mid-May is out of the q for me, but how about last half of September - early October time period? We can even consider Germany (near Walter's) or even France (Lola's suggestion). Gotta plan earlier than "a couple of weeks from now."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 12:15 pm
As already said on the 'SF-thread': there are cheap tickets from London (about $ 35 one way, if booked early) to our local airport ... and hotels/guest-houses here aren't expensive plus we have a salt-thermal spa!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:00 pm
waaaahhhh!!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:49 pm
Clary, I have found during my short life that friends are much more important than "work." When working, commit 150 percent, but with friends, put in 200 percent. Jobs may come and go, because often times we don't have any choice. We can choose our friends which usually lasts a lifetime.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 01:47 am
I'm with you all the way there, c i! Just that, if you can fit in a little work from time to time, it may help pay for the trips to see the friends... Smile
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:22 am
Hey wass hap'nin' man?

Am a bit confused at the moment. My computer is very slow, my brain slower, my memory a fading memory.

Is anything firmed up yet, oo err missus.

McT
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:49 am
Go back to sleep, Mactag.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:31 am
McTag, That's what happens when one spends too much time in the basement/dungeon. Wink
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 11:57 am
Okay here's how I see it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and leave me in the dark again why don't you if you're all planning to meet somewhere separate from me.
What, paranoid? Me?

Favoured date is Wednesday 19th May, locus London, pub to be arranged, restaurant the one suggested by Gautam, I'll have a look at that link in a minute.
I could come down and join you, I have decided, after consulting with other parties.
I will drive down to London that day (19th May) and drive back here the next day...because I have an appointment in a Manchester pub on the Thursday evening.
So, let's get it on.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:05 pm
Bring it on, Taggart!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:18 pm
Hey that restaurant looks great! Good choice, Gauters old bean. Lots of mezze, or whatever Lebanese for mezze is. Brill

One small problem, the "Dress Code- Dress to impress". I'm not sure I know how to do that.
I'll strip off to impress, if impression is required, and do the belly dance myself. That should get us thrown out.

Is there a good pub nearby, or are we heading for Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese again?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:22 pm
Mmmh: Friendly, fun and worth a look if you're planning a birthday or similar celebration.

I'd plead for the Old Cheese!
0 Replies