What plug should I buy???

Jensi

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 09:42 am
I want to replace a electrical plug on a freezer I have but I don't know I should buy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 988 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:08 am
@Jensi,
Go to the manufacturer's website and then either navigate to their parts department or do a search for the make and model freezer. From there, you should be able to locate a power cord for the freezer.

Alternatively, when on their website, look for a phone number for their customer service/parts department. They will need the same make and model info.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:16 am
@Jensi,
I'd buy the one blinged out with Swarovski crystals.
Jensi

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:17 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you.....is there any place you would recommend for the part besides ordering the part from the company
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:19 am
@Jensi,
Home depot, Lowes, ace hardware, sears, etc.
0 Replies

Jensi

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:21 am
@tsarstepan,
lol I will take that into consideration
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:33 am
Just a simple question or two.

Why would you want to replace the plug on your freezer? How old is it?

Nowadays, plugs are an integral part of the lead/cable and very rarely (if ever) need replacing. The fuse, yes....but the entire plug?

However, IF the entire plug needs replacing, just unplug it, snip it off and take the bloomin' thing into the DIY store and say "please can I have one of these ".
Better still, if you can't tell what type of plug you need even after looking at the existing plug.....I would recommend calling an electrician.
Jensi

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:53 am
@Lordyaswas,
I am actually doing a favor for a family friend who found a freezer at his job that was thrown away in perfect working condition but apparently it is company policy to cut the plug off anything thrown away so it is not used again....I have done this before on a old lamp but the plug broke in front of me so I already knew which plug I needed by looking at the old one but with the freezer I have no clue
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 02:00 pm
What is the make and model of the freezer? With those details it would be easier to give you something other than generic suggestions.
Jensi

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 07:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
We'll I just found out that someone else fixed the freezer.All the responses will not go to waste even thou they were not used now all the info was very helpful for maybe another project thanks..
0 Replies