Commercially Available Infographics Software

CDobyns

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 10:18 am
My organization is interested in expanding our communications tools to include the use of infographics, for increased education and outreach to both management and employees - in a variety of topical areas. We researched the available inventory of commercial off the shelf (COTS) products, and we've not been able to find something that meets our needs - so I thought I would toss this out to the collective audience for some suggestions.

Our requirements are not terribly dramatic or exacting, although there's a couple of places where we're unable to "compromise". The currently available inventory of infographics products have mostly all moved to "the cloud", and are only available through a subscription process, where you have an online account which you pay for on an periodic basis. Our problem is that while at least some of these products would meet our needs and the subscription price isn't even necessarily a barrier - none of these products are options because they will require us to input business sensitive or maybe even "classified" information (yes, I'm serious) into the application to generate the infographic - and where either the rendering of the graphic or saving the information would reside on an external server, which we don't control - and I won't go into the obvious shortfalls of doing that.

So short story, while we have other standalone commercially available graphics packages (Photoshop, etc.), none of those are really well-suited for readily generating an infographic without an interminable amount of creative investment - where most infographic packages come with tons of pre-populated formats and graphic elements, which you just plug in the raw data, and a publication-ready infographic is rendered.

Given the limits of our "requirements", I'm open to suggestions on products that people are familiar with that are commercially available that we might want to look at - or any other suggestions along this line.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,028 • Replies: 0
No top replies