Photobucket Over And Out

Pitter

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 05:59 pm
I've been using photobucket since 2003 (nearly it's inception I think) to store my photos online. They've just announced there will be no more Photobucket storage and that most files (but not videos) will be moved over to Adobe Revel, a part of Photoshop Elements or something. They give an option to "archive" files (such as videos) using an Adobe download tool which didn't work for me (my Photobucket files never appeared after I followed the steps). Further their comminications have been utterly vague regarding what the new service will cost. Photobucket has traditionally cost about $25 a year if you chose the "paid" service. From what I can tell the same service from Adobe Revel will cost $100 a year. Also, after reading information about Revel it looks like anything you upload to your account will be accessible internetwide via "the cloud". All inevitable I suppose but what a shame. I will just close my Photobucket account since I have all my photos on my computer as well and start using services like Tintpic when I want to share them on line. Oh well...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,385 • Replies: 6
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:15 pm
@Pitter,
Thanks for the heads up!

I keep some old photos at photobucket. I'm going to have to try to move them somewhere!!
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:17 pm
@boomerang,

thumb drives are cheap and quite spacious these days.
i'm currently using a 30-gig one...
0 Replies

Skar

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:25 pm
@Pitter,
Where did you hear this? I think you've got it all wrong.
There is free storage, limited to 2 gigabyte, for Photobucket, and with additional payment, storage space can be increased.
As to the Adobe confusion, Adobe is migrating photos from photoshop.com to Revel and this does not have anything to do with Photobucket. Revel does not have any form of partnership or connections with Photobucket. You would have to download photos from Photobucket to your computer and then upload to Revel if you wanted to move them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:26 pm
@Pitter,
Hmm. I wonder if one can just delete all.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, deleting is easy enough, you can delete a whole album at once. Now to make sure I want to.
Pitter

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 07:03 pm
@ossobuco,
@Skar and others. I apologise. Upon rereading my emails I see I have confused Photoshop with Photobucket. For shame, for shame and "my bad".
0 Replies