Photoshop Elements 7

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 07:03 am
So, it came! Whoo hoo! And I am excited but....it seems like not much has changed. I am a little disappointed. Maybe I just haven't dug in yet and found all the upgrades they were talking about. Maybe I just don't use the upgrades they were talking about. I tried to use the new smart brush to "quickly and easily whiten teeth" and well...let's just say it looked like that Friends episode when Ross had his teeth whitened.

On top of this, the damn thing didn't come with a users guide! I had downloaded PSE 6 previously so I didn't have a hard copy of the manual for that one and was really hoping to get one this time around so that I could look up the stuff I wanted to do and well, do it. But lookie lookie, the only manual in there is Premiere Elements 7; which I am really really glad for because I've never used Premiere before and have no clue where to go with that but still, couldn't they have included a freakin' manual in the box for PSE 7?

I have to say that the Photomerge works better in this version than in 6 but the Scene Cleaner that everyone was raving about sucks. Or at least, I can't get it work properly. The guided edit of it is terrible so it would have been really helpful to have a manual to learn how to do it right.

The only option I have is to download the PDF file of the manual and print it myself. Which is crazy because it's over 400 pages.

I am still excited about getting into this because I am hopeful that I missed something. And I liked PSE 6 really well anyway so if I can't find/use the upgrades to 7 at least I still have a program I like.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,306 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:40 am
so you bought bootleg no?

Im gonna buy a Mac with MAc iphoto. Ive tried it and it wipes Photoshops ass.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:31 pm
no bootleg
real deal

still no f-ing manual.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:43 pm
I have been using PE6 for a while. I use PE6 to animate slides on a quad core computer.

I think Adobe Premiere does a better job of animating clips and photos. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 01:00 pm
I personally prefer a context sensitive PDF file over a hard copy manual. I remember the old days of manuals and still cherish them, sleeping with program manuals, reading them on the bus etc.... It is easier for me to learn and work in tandem when the manual and my work are both on the same screen or dual monitors. Smile
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 03:18 pm
@RexRed,
Oh see the opposite is true for me.

I like having the manual right there beside me. I have a hard time following instructions if they are on my computer while I am trying to work on it.
0 Replies