on receipt of

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 09:02 am
what is the mean of " on receipt of"? is it mean" during of receiving" or " upon receive"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 09:12 am
It means "upon receiving".
For example if you e-mail a company to ask if they've got something in stock that you want, they can reply in two ways.
Firstly they could say- "Yes we have it in stock for 20 dollars including shipping costs and will despatch it to you when you send us 20 dollars"

Or secondly they could say- "Yes we have it in stock for 20 dollars including shipping costs and will despatch it to you upon receipt of of 20 dollars"

See, "upon receipt of", or "upon receiving" simply means "when you send us"..Smile

SamSingh78

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 04:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
"On receipt of" means upon receiving dear. For example,You will always be emailed to confirm receipt of your order once it has been received.
contrex

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 07:24 am
@SamSingh78,
SamSingh78 wrote:

"On receipt of" means upon receiving dear. For example,You will always be emailed to confirm receipt of your order once it has been received.

Why do you keep writing "dear" in your posts?
McTag

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 09:48 am
on receipt of = upon receipt of = when I get
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 01:53 pm
@contrex,
Why do you keep writing posts, Contrex? I guess you think people like to put their trust in a thief, a plagiarizer, a language teacher who knows squat about his subject.
0 Replies