Movie Sleepers (as opposed to Subway Sleepers)

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 12:12 pm
Have you ever fallen asleep at the Movie Theatre? Please don't tell. I did for the first time this weekend. I took my daughter to see "Home on the Range." She asked to sit on my lap during the movie. Once she did I fell fast asleep. My husband asked how the movie was - being embarrassed, I just said "Oh you know, it was a typical kid's movie."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,205 • Replies: 18
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 12:26 pm
I fell asleep on Superman and Stargate. I've also nodded at the theatre a few times.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 12:42 pm
When I was a kid, my parents took me to the movies with them to see "The Blue Max'...not exactly a kids movie. I slept all the way through. They used to take me to the drive in too and I would fall asleep in the back seat everytime. Even if a kids movie was playing.

The last movie I fell asleep on was 'Twisted' with Ashley Judd. That was such a boring, terrible movie.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:37 pm
Believe or not, my wife fell asleep on "The Passion of the Christ".
Call it defense mechanism, call it exhaustion, but she fell asleep during the last minutes of the film.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:50 pm
It is basically a monotonous movie -- it's like the Chinese Water Torcher.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:56 pm
As far as movies that could put me to sleep, "Apocalypse Now Redux" with the added "yawn" scenes. "Signs" put me to sleep about half way through and I had to watch it again to get what was going on which wasn't much. Spielberg handled his new exposition of close encounters far better in the TV mini-series "Taken." Actually I fell asleep during much of the first screening of that series but recently rented it on DVD and have to rescind my previous critical assessment of the series. If was a hundred times better without the commercial interuptions and seeing it over a few days.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 03:44 pm
Lol! I have become a movie sleeper!!!!

The least hint of real boredom, when I am tired, and I am off into a sort of trance - seldom disgrace myself - I have slept through things like large segments of Titanic (waking only to find the damned thing was still afloat!)....
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 07:07 pm
(Unrelated, but...) I am just not impressed with disney lately. Horrible sequals... Original songs going downhill... I am seriously so disappointed with them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 07:22 pm
I'm a movie snoozer. It takes a pretty intense movie, or an animated film, for me to stay awake. I bore very easily.

I also fall asleep at The Messiah, so I've stopped buying tickets to that. I fell asleep during some opera with Joan Sutherland. The friend who insisted I accompany her fell asleep first, then the man (who we didn't know) sitting between us fell asleep, and then I did. ohhhhhh, I recall - it was Anna Bolena. <snore>
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 02:06 pm
My sister took my neice and nephew to see something which now escapes me. She fell asleep and was snoring soo loudly that people in the audience complained to the management!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 02:13 pm
Not at a movie theatre, but at a legitimate theatre. The show was "Dancin", which was very popular at one time. It featured one dance number after another. After about the third number, I started to fidget. About halfway into the show, I was sound asleep. I was awakened by the applause at the end of the show!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 02:18 pm
There's also a movie entitled "Dancin'," a documentary in the ilk of "That's Entertainment" butn concentrating on dance in film over its history.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
This is the first that I actually fell asleep at a movie theatre. I frequently fall asleep watching movies at home. Being a mom of two young children, you can understand why I am tired. I actually thought it was worth the money of the ticket to get a nap in the afternoon. Can't wait for the next kids' movie so I can get another well desired nap.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 02:40 pm
Good grief. I just checked. Dancin' is the 30th longest running Broadway show in history!

http://www.geocities.com/auzziek/broadway_list.html
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 04:34 pm
I told you to stay clear of the bar in the theater lobby, Phoenix.
0 Replies

Gouldy

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 01:32 am
The Muppets and Treasure Island - I feel asleep then left halfway through.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:05 am
Quote:
I told you to stay clear of the bar in the theater lobby, Phoenix.

Had I "indulged", I probably would have fallen asleep by the 2nd number!
Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 09:21 am
We took a friend one time to see "Tales of Hoffman" and it was too many martinis and perhaps a lack of appreciation for opera (Beverly Sills sang all three parts!) that caused him to keep falling asleep and snoring. It was a nudging fest.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 09:26 am
Hey I saw Dancin' back in '77 or '78, but I definitely stayed awake. I love Fosse's choreography.

I've been known to nod at the movies. I had a nice nap during Blair Witch as I recall.
0 Replies