Write the first few lines of a book or screenplay..:)

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 04:15 pm
Okay, you've got to get the reader hooked with just the first few sentences. (Choose any subject and don't bother about the rest of the book)
I'll choose 'Romance' to start with-
"Oh my darling" he panted, "I want to love you, smell you, taste you, adore you, worship you and consume you"
"Let me just put the cat out first" she replied.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,425 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 06:02 am
This one is 'Horror'-

Unable to sleep, Charles got up for a sandwich gone midnight, and as he stood idly gazing out of his window into the big cemetery across the road, he caught occasional glimpses of odd movement among the tombstones...
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 10:03 am
This one I call "Family Tree"-

Linda never knew her parents and was raised in an orphanage and foster homes, so after growing up, she sets out to trace her real parents.
But her world falls apart when she discovers that her father was a serial killer who died in the electric chair at San Quentin, and her mother died raving mad in a lunatic asylum..
0 Replies

egrizzly

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:25 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Title: Flight 75: The day we found fusion.

With deep anticipation Dr. Nedry stared at the digits counting down on the twenty-inch digital display. It was 20 seconds to lift off. He tried to wipe some of the sweat off his face but this would be the first attempt at deep space travel made by any agency in the United States. His heart pounded with each tick of the countdown. NASA had promised them an additional $2 billion in funding if the Antares mission was successful....
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:42 pm
Romance:
Helen is bowled over by the elderly refined German Count whom she met while touring Europe, and after a whirlwind romance they marry and go to live in his fairytale castle in the Bavarian Alps.
However, her world falls apart one day while exploring the castle when she finds a dusty old trunk in the attic which contains an SS-uniform, an Iron Cross First Class and a picture of her new husband shaking hands with Hitler.
Further items and documents reveal that he is none other than SS-Obergruppenfuher Otto von Schlascher, alias "The Beast of Belgorod" the notorious fugitive war criminal..
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 09:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It started in Pittsburgh. Everything good on the face of this godforsaken planet which ever even came close to being good started in Pittsburgh and clearly over on the southside where Frankie and his 13th wife ran a booming business.

The door opened and Rodolfo the Carson Street Bassoonist sauntered in carrying his puggle, Abernathy in his arms while his concubine La Rue followed exactly 4 paces behind.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 10:20 am
Romance:
Roaslind and naval submarine officer Charles doted on each other but she got tired of him yelling "Up periscope, blow main ballast tanks!" every time they made love..
Her next lover was a destroyer captain but she got fed up of him too because when making love he always shouted "Drop depth charges!", followed by a series of dull thuds in her abdomen..
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 05:26 pm
Horror:
"Bye darling i'll be back around midnight" said Vic's wife as she went out for a meal with her girl pals.
Fancying an early night, Vic went up to bed about 11pm and dozed off.
At around midnight he was woken by the sound of the front door closing and footsteps coming up the stairs. The bedroom door opened and in the darkness a female figure got into bed with him. He hugged her to him and noticed she was ice-cold, and dozed off again.
Later he was woken again at around 2am by the front door closing and his wife's voice calling up to him "Sorry I'm late darling!".
He was still hugging the figure next to him, and it was still ice-cold..
0 Replies

Zerzin97

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 04:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Title is "Never Free"
It was close to midnight, if not a while past. On varying pieces of furniture were me,my sister in law,and sister. It was a muggy night and every window was open. I was looking anywhere except the telly,because I could not stand to watch. Instead I listened and grew more agitated by the moment, "I do not understand. This is not fair..." The poor accented Englisy grated on my nerves until I could withstand no more."G'Night." I got up and said casually to my sister. She had to respond and answer me by name before I could go in peace. Too bad she wasn't half paying attention to me. As I stood there on the stairs waiting I suddenly became aware of a noise. Something outside that should not be. My brain registered "HIDE" a split second before the first deafening bang came at the door...
0 Replies