Need help with mystery artist

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 01:14 pm
Does anyone know who the artist might be? I also can't make out the writing in the corner. It may be a signature but I can't find anything like it online. Could it be the title of the work?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107599047@N08/10652273365/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 730 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 01:25 pm
@jwl brigdoon,
interesting, well, to me - I think of it as a fast sketch later etched, but I'm no expert, I just played with etching myself, and learned it by using some previous fast drawings at hand, when I could get to the big press.

That signature or title could probably be figured out but you still might not know much. There are a zillion artists out there. I bought an etching from a guy who was there with me at the press at 1 or 2 a.m., for not a lot of money. I should look him up, maybe he's famous now. I took him for a stoned drawer, but that was just from my non expert eye. That was a quite large etching.

Etchers tend to be specific, so I'm guessing this is one.

Personally, I sign with my initials, which I try to somewhat obscure in the painting. But when I signed my etching prints, I did spell my name and all that.
0 Replies