Are there any foods to make your first period come sooner?

MaLea14

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 03:35 pm
I'm 14 1/2 and still dont have my first period. I have been developing for maybe a little more than 3 years. I read on many sites that if you dont get your period after you have been developing for 2 1/2 to 3 yrs to go to the doctor. So are there any foods to make your frist period come sooner? I heard green tea works for a lot of people and that drinking while milk and eating fatty foods and yogurt make you get it sooner. Have any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,863 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:17 pm
@MaLea14,
No - please don't look for nostrums like that sillyness online.

Go to the doctor, please, if you are so worried. I got my period when I was 13 and 1/2. It was in an unfortunate place, as I was on scout trip with about twenty girls climbing the Washington Monument, in Washington, DC. I tried to climb the steps all the way up but gave up about 3/4 the way, beginning to bleed, and then since I couldn't make it to the elevator down, poor leg muscles that I had anyway re that many hundreds of steps, and surprised at bleeding, back down again, which took a long time. After that I ran to the restroom, which all the advisors on the trip had already checked, likely many times, and tried to wash out my pants and then stuff toilet paper in them. Thank goodness there was some, this being a national monument and well visited.

I walked out to a range of interested persons. But, no big deal, back to our tacky hotel. No one said anything else to me, so I made do with whatever stuff was in the bathroom for the next few days. This was 1954.

But this brings up how I learned about menstruation. It was on an earlier girl scout trip, where we stayed over night at some lodge in Wisconsin. We bunked in a lodge like place, and learned to make pancakes on coffee cans in the morning. After however we spent our day, back to the 'lodge'.
I remember Carol P holding up her bloody pants and waving them.
Complete news to me, better than the nun-movies.

Maybe you can tell, MaLea, that I think you're ok, but if this goes on and on, then talk to a real md with your mother.
0 Replies