What's the chance of Ted Cruz becoming president?

rifter

Wed 8 Apr, 2015 09:54 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Not him, you.

I am not running for president. You should pay more attention to the topic, instead of the posters. Are you an old woman?
Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 04:45 am
@andy31,
I agree it is fun to exchange ideas, Andy...and I especially like to exchange them with people who are on a different path from my own.

Exchanges with people in agreement is fun...but exchanges and interactions with people with whom we are in disagreement, is even more fun for me.

So, YES, I do agree with you on that last point.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 07:14 am
@andy31,
You comments are not understandable for English speakers. It makes it rather hard to argue a subject when one side makes no sense. There is nothing to dispute because you are spouting gibberish.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 07:18 am
@rifter,
Hillary was a Senator and the US Secretary of State. Those are combined offices held by very few people in US history. To claim she has accomplished 0 is to denigrate everyone that has ever held either office. You are free to dispute what she did in those offices but you can't claim she has 0 accomplishments. To do so while claiming Cruz is qualified because a professor said he was the brightest student shows a complete lack of any sense of what an accomplishment is.
0 Replies

lostone

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:10 am
Quote:
Hillary was a Senator and the US Secretary of State. Those are combined offices held by very few people in US history. To claim she has accomplished 0 is to denigrate everyone that has ever held either office.

How so? Sounds like a narrative promoting a political novice. At least she seemed that way as SOS.
izzythepush

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:12 am
@lostone,
Enter Sockpuppet number 3.
parados

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:17 am
@lostone,
Simply holding the office of Secretary of State is an accomplishment. To deny it is an accomplishment is silly. You are free to argue you don't like what she did in the office but that is something else entirely.
lostone

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:19 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Enter Sockpuppet number 3.

Does that have anything to do with Clintons terrible performance? Explain to me how it does.
lostone

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:22 am
@parados,
Quote:
Simply holding the office of Secretary of State is an accomplishment. To deny it is an accomplishment is silly. You are free to argue you don't like what she did in the office but that is something else entirely.

She was appointed by Obama for political reasons. That simple. It was not for the good of the country, it was to keep her quiet.
izzythepush

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:32 am
@lostone,
George W Bush is the worst, most inept, incompetent and stupid person to have held the office of president in living memory if not ever. Which is why any criticism of Mrs. Clinton from republicans sounds a bit rich to say the least.

It's not as pathetic as you desperately changing personas in order to get someone to acknowledge your existence. It won't work, it never does, you're not someone I would want to talk to, ever. It's futile, all you're going to do is repeat your Fox News mantra and then get nasty when people don't agree with you. Been there, done that, got the T shirt, can't be arsed with it any more.

Consider this our last exchange, either as lostone, foofie, rifter, Andy31, or whatever you want to call yourself.
Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
Amen!
Real Music

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
I believe that Cruz has virtually no chance of winning the republican nomination and even less of a chance of becoming president. But, if some super long shot chance he did become president, that would be a horrific nightmare. Full disclosure, my ideology is much more in line with the democratic party, but not necessarily in every single case.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:34 am
@lostone,
Her performance was not terrible.

She did a decent job.
lostone

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

She did a decent job.

No she did not. Russia was mishandled(and look at it now) and Libya is also her fault. Gaddafi tried to surrender she had him killed.

Decent isn't much for you, is it?
izzythepush

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
This is the problem, stupid republican politicians. We've had two idiots, Reagan and Bush junior who were just not up to the job, and people behind the scenes were pulling the strings. Don't get me wrong, I hated Thatcher but I never thought she was stupid, far from it.

The problem is that a lot of the support comes from very stupid religious fundamentalist types who want to vote for someone who shares their extremely simplistic worldview. The problem is that the world is not that simple, which is why invading Iraq was a really bad idea, but also why a stupid person would think it was a really good one.
lostone

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:45 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
simplistic worldview.

Nothing is more simplistic than appeasement. And that is on progressives and the sissies they elect.
Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:46 am
@lostone,
lostone wrote:

Quote:

She did a decent job.

No she did not.

Yes, she did.

Very subjective material here...but in my opinion, she was a decent Secretary of State...and acquitted herself very well.

I think you have a political ideology that prevents you from acknowledging that.

I suspect when she becomes president, you will be in misery.

I will try not to enjoy watching people like you in misery when it happens, but I am willing to acknowledge that I probably will not be especially successful.

Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
This guy is not an especially good sock puppet, Izzy.

He will probably be discarded after the next wash.

Like you, I cannot understand how anyone who thought people like Reagan and Bush Lite were adequate can have anything negative to say about people like Obama and Clinton.
0 Replies

lostone

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:49 am
Hillary will not be president. I don't know who will, but it will not be her.

People are not that stupid. The popular opinion on this forum means 0.
Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:50 am
@lostone,
Yeah...people like you said the same thing about Obama...BOTH TIMES!