Engagement rings are the equivalent of a woman selling her vagina and uterus for $

PUNKEY

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 06:47 pm
If the woman broke the engagement, then he gets the ring back.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 06:56 pm
@roger,
Why didn't my father tell me about the dowry? Now Im embarrassed, I don't know if mr gbag received a dowry but if he didn't, what do I owe him?
roger

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 07:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Sorry, it's too late - unless your father is feeling very generous.
glitterbag

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:50 pm
@roger,
Dad's not feeling a lot of things these days, unless he's shaking his head in disbelief that I actually get involved in topics like this. He would have been a formidable poster.
0 Replies

Ionus

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:48 am
Engagement rings were invented to sell diamonds in the 1930's .

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/02/how-an-ad-campaign-invented-the-diamond-engagement-ring/385376/
glitterbag

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 08:09 am
@Ionus,
That's the truly wonderful part about the Great Depression, jewelers introduced diamonds into the mainstream. They sold like hot cakes, that is if you could afford to eat on a regular basis.
Ionus

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 08:15 am
@glitterbag,
Not to make little of it, but those were interesting times . People would save up all their money to go see a movie with laughing and dancing and they wouldnt have enough left for a meal, so the picture theatre owners would subsidise popcorn and drinks so they wouldn't go hungry . Its the other way around now, with popcorn so expensive they use it to subsidise the movie .
0 Replies