How do I address this concern with our babysitter?

tyargo

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 06:45 pm
We usually love our babysitter...she watches our 6 month old son three days a week along with a few other young kids (age 0-3). We've not really had any issues with her care in the past 10 weeks she's been watching him. Today, he came home and when we went to change him, there were a few areas of dried stool stuck to his behind and groin. It had clearly been there since before the last diaper change. This is her first offense, but it has my wife & I somewhat worried if he is getting the care he should be. Realistically, I imagine she was probably rushing to change him because of another child crying, etc. My question is how concerned should I be and how can I bring it up to her without without upsetting her or hurting the trusting relationship we've been building? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,079 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 06:48 pm
@tyargo,
Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about a one time occurance. You might mention that when you share your observation with her. At this point, sharing the fact that you have noticed is all I would do.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 09:49 am
Have you provided all the "tools" she needs? i.e. baby wipes, etc?

You might mention how you clean the baby and understand how something like that could have happened.

0 Replies

tyargo

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 01:10 pm
@tyargo,
That's kind of what I figured, but it helps to hear it from other people, too. Yes, baby wipes, diapers, clothes, burp rags, etc are all provided to her. Thanks!
0 Replies