When should it be acceptable to kill a human?

north

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:53 pm
@RyanO45,
RyanO45 wrote:

Capital punishment but when would you have the right to kill someone else who has killed someone?

When thats all this someone does , is kill people .
JLNobody

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 10:14 pm
@north,
Like a professional executioner or a soldier?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 10:22 pm
I would find it almost impossible to justify the killing of someone who does not want to die. But just as we all own our lives and therefore have the right to them we should also have the right to die. Therefore I might be willing to assist someone who is suffering an incurable illness end his/life in a painless way. Hail Kervorkian!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 02:43 am
@JLNobody,
Wow...a JL sighting.

Good to "see" ya, JL. Hope all is well.

I agree with most of what you just wrote...but I would add that in the case of people found guilty of crimes requiring either death or life in prison without the possibility of parole...I can see death as justified by society as being less cruel than the alternatives...

...whether the individual wants to die or not. I don't think a convicted criminal should have the right to determine his/her punishment. (What if a convicted criminal chose to have relentless physical torture?)

The choice of punishment belongs to society.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:46 pm
@Uncle jeff,
hard to determine, every criminal is unique.
Rapists - when it is not possible to subdue them. beating them regardless is advised as a philosophical suggestion. But I think it is best to not kill them if you can convert them. Because as Rapists if you can make them want to Kill ONLY Rapists. then they are highly motivated.

I live by a few motos, "Live to kill rapists" is one of them. Even if all murder and killing is against morality. You should always be seeking and motivated to accomplish the goal.

It is logical to kill repeat offenders of murder and rape.
and IF Necessary first time offenders*

but it is advised not to.

As much as I loath Homosexuals, and adulterers and wish death upon them all. *(not rape or torture) It is again illogical to kill them, as it is politically unsound in a world with billions of people to target those which you encounter.
They deserve death however morally speaking because they promote the abandonment, disrespect, neglect and abuse of women by promoting atheist(morals being ficticious man made statements)/adultersous(no obligation relationships) perspectives to assholes, children, criminals, rapists, corrupt politicians. They glorify lazy people, drug addicts, doushbags,a dn promote social inequality... etc..

So I say. repeat offenders of Rape and murder. kill them.

but I hate the criminally insane (adulterers / atheists) ... but live with that I guess... They continually illustrate the stupidity of their belief system, which is technically continual Glorification of the Truth [God] through demonstration of his Wisdom and good guidance.
think rethink

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 12:21 pm
@Uncle jeff,
If eighty three percent of humanity, would predict with ninety one percent certainty, that should he remain alive, he will manage to inflict death level harm on another person,
He should then be killed with the most merciful compassionate methods possible.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:03 pm
@Uncle jeff,
Quote:
When should it be acceptable to kill a human?

Looks like about 3 times outta 4, according to Bierce:

Quote:
There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy. (Ambrose Bierce)

think rethink

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 05:35 pm
@layman,
Unless I fall for the superficial impression of power.
I would only go for 1
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 07:10 am
@GorDie,
i´m a lesbian and i am thrilled for you to explain how i promote abandonment, disrespect ..... and glorify lazy people and so on...
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 07:18 am
@Uncle jeff,
when your life is being endangered or some one else´s or killing that person is the only way to avoid him killing other people. As just as a last resort, having tried every single way we could think of to stop him before resort to end his life
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 02:48 pm
@Uncle jeff,
This question seems to scare 'liberals' (loosely so-called) the all avoid the question and descedn to juvenile humor.

But what was the acceptability to the Founding Fathers ?

1775 - Death Penalty Used in All 13 US Colonies at Outbreak of American Revolution

By the start of the American Revolution, the death penalty was used in all 13 colonies. Rhode Island was the only colony that did not have at least 10 crimes punishable by death. The colonies had "roughly comparable death statutes which covered arson, piracy, treason, murder, sodomy, burglary, robbery, rape, horse-stealing, slave rebellion, and often counterfeiting.

Hmm, rape and sodomy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 02:56 pm
@AugustineBrother,
Why do you have a need to go back in US history over 200 years old? If you have ever studied world history, you will find atrocities committed by all cultures. Even in more recent times. Look at the holocaust, for example.
CVeigh

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Are you aware of how often you end up making my point for me !!!
Amazing really, the tone is rebuttal but you end up bolstering my answer. Okay, the Holocaust.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:29 pm
@CVeigh,
I only try to explain history as I saw them. I'm not here to make any point to support you.
There is one instance when I think it justifies killing a human. It's when anyone tries to kill my family.
I also served four years in the USAF. It was in the late fifties during peace time.
0 Replies

evilsorcerer1

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 06:40 pm
@Uncle jeff,
Why are you volunteering? Then just remember this; when it's everyone but me. And thanks for caring, I'm sure I'll be much better off.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 07:16 pm
@Uncle jeff,
Nature does kill us all and its factually accepted. Point being the question is larger then it seems. Eternity, if you understand the word, I have no doubt, would be hell!
...back down to Earth in the interest of our own race in a globalized super populated world it should never be acceptable. Birth control policy, treatment, prevention, education, reintegration, NOT death!
0 Replies