Registering a vehicle without a fixed address, how?

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 02:13 pm
I cannot believe that one has to own property or live in a fixed location to register a vehicle in the United States of America.

That can't be right, that can't be true.

I'm trying to help a friend register a moped but at every turn they want an address and proof of it, phone bills , rent, mortgage ect.

Does not having a fixed address mean you cannot register a vehicle in the USA ?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,399 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 02:18 pm
@Dianna1987,
Well, any kind of mail sent through Canada Post is recognized as Proof of Address in our Library system (here in Calgary), so you might write her a letter to your address, then she can take the envelope in. I'm thinking she's going to need more than, however, so... she has to apply for something in her name at your or someone else's address.

Regarding the system, I agree. Really, she could move the day after she registered the moped, making a mockery of the whole system.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 02:44 pm
@Dianna1987,
A homeless person can use the address of a homeless shelter in the state I live.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 05:53 pm
@Dianna1987,
Use the same address friend used to get a driver license, IF a moped requires registration. Which state is this in?
0 Replies