Moving to New Zealand

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 06:53 pm
I am wandering if anyone can give me advice on emigrating to new Zealand. I have recently graduated from university with a 1st class degree in international tourism management. I'm 27, I've got loads of travel experience (backpacking in my early 20s) I've worked in customer services, as a travel agent and in a hotel all before I completed my degree. The thing is, since I graduated 5 months ago I've not been able to find a decent job. I'm really considering moving to new Zealand as they have a massive tourism industry and for some reason I've always wanted to go there. I don't want to travel anymore cos I've done all that before, I really want to start my professional career. Can anyone tell me if it's easy to go there on a 1 year working holiday visa and then find a company which will sponser you to stay? I'm thinking about selling my car and going there in the next few months if I can't find a good job in the uk. Im really determined and hard working, but I'm a bit scared that I will only be able to stay for 1 year, which might end up being a big waste of time for me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 796 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:52 am
@Robbie9900,
Try chatting with someone at the NZ embassy in London.

I read something a year or so ago that NZ were trying to encourage young people to move there, as they had experienced a bit of an exodus of their young, who left the sheep farms in search of more excitement in Europe, particularly Britain.
If you like a party lifestyle, then apart from Auckland, NZ is, how can I put it, a little on the quiet side after about 8pm.
Spectacular scenery, lovely people but very peaceful. Great if you like the quiet life, though.
0 Replies