New Zealand 3-14-19

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 09:26 am
I was surprised that there were no threads already open regarding the attack in New Zealand.

What a horrible event to happen in our world community. New Zealand is typically portrayed as a model of peace and I was shocked that this happened. Especially in New Zealand.

I hope they root out anyone and everyone that was involved and throw the book at them.

I also hope that anyone in our community from New Zealand is safe and their family is safe as well. There is no place in the world for such hatred.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 09:51 am
Our "leaders" have relaxed the restraints on, and even in cases encouraged, expressions of hate for others to the extent that such crimes are regularly contemplated and often acted upon. Like throwing gasoline on a low burning fire.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 04:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
That will get your eyebrows burned off. I speak from experience.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2019 12:00 am
@McGentrix,
49 dead and over 20 seriously injured.

I'm also shocked that this would happen in New Zealand, it's such a quiet peaceful place usually.

0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 01:15 am
The death toll is now 50.

Another 12 are in intensive care including a 4 year old girl.

I feel so sad that this has happened in a country that we think of as sort of a young cousin, and devastated that it was an Australian who did it.
0 Replies