Discontinue E-Mails

gollum

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:53 pm
I understand that e-mail marketers must include a visible and operable unsubscribe mechanism in all emails.

I received such an e-mail without an unsubscribe mechanism. Is there a way for the firm to be assessed a fine and for me to receive at least part of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 688 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 08:42 pm
@gollum,
No
tscience

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:29 am
@Butrflynet,
e-mail marketers must include a visible and operable unsubscribe mechanism in all emails.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:27 pm
Clicking unsubscribe tells the sender that you have a functional email address. That makes your address all the more marketable.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:39 pm
@gollum,
Just put it into your spam folder and move on.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:55 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Clicking unsubscribe tells the sender that you have a functional email address. That makes your address all the more marketable.

^Seconded.

If you don't recognize the email source just send it to your spam box. If you do recognize the sender and remember that at one time you were involved in some kind of legitimate transaction (buying something online, subscribing to a newsletter, etc...) and now don't want any further email from that source? By all means, click the unsubscribe button.
0 Replies