The Paul Rand/Mitch Mc Connell Conversation!

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:00 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Do you at least acknowledge the fact that no bill that the House passes regarding the ACA will even be brought to the floor for a vote in the Senate?

Not during the current session. I am not willing to go on record for future sessions.

Then how do you expect "them to do it through the legislative process...rather than using this back door method."? That path is not open, so they have looked for and found a different path.

I don't expect them to do it...and I most assuredly do not want them to do it.

So...if this path becomes blocked, McG...would you suggest they pursue the next "different path"...like another civil war?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
They tried the proper way...and lost.

They ought to take it like an adult...and move on.

But they prefer the "I'll take my ball and go home" approach.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:03 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

If the Dems want to exert their majority in the Senate by never bringing the house bills up for a vote, then the Reps should be fully entitled to use their majority in the House to hold onto the purse strings. There is no hostage taking here beyond Democrat rhetoric.

The Dems failure to vote on house bills do so beccause they realize it's a political strategy especially designed by the GOP. Republicans pick and choose the bills they submit to the senate so it will not make them, the GOP, look bad...they don't want the public's growing rage directed at them so they, cunningly, are trying to shift the blame to the Dems by bringing in bills like for cancer treatments etc. The other day, there was an outrage in the press because the Republicans had overlooked or deliberately did not mention WIC, i.e., "Women with Infant Children." So the GOP sought to blunt the criticism; they introduced a bill for WIC. Everyone realizes what the Republicans are up to; if they wanted to do the right thing they would not "pit one group against another" but allow the government to re-open. This political maneuvering by the GOP is as plain as the nose on one's face and they think if they stand firm, Obama will disavow his "landmark legislation act."

The Democrats are correct to stand strong, and the polls are behind them. The reason the GOP is so desperate to overturn the Affordable Health Care Act is because once Americans get used to it, regardless who gets into power in the future they would not be able to repeal it....., like Medicare and Social Security.....Ted Cruz said himself, "once they get used to the sugar they won't let go."
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:47 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

It's the "law of the land" yet Obama has changed it 19 times since it's passage. Let's stop with the "law of land" BS as that's what it is, a giant, steaming pile of BS.

Yes, changes have been made to the Affordable Health Care, and there most likely will be again; however, not with a GUN pointed at the head of the President of US. Who the hell points a gun at the head of the President of the US and say either my way or I will continue to keep the government shut down?!

There is an acceptable way to go about making changes but not by political threats!!!!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 01:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

lol. Comments like that make me believe you have absolutely no idea what politics is about Frank. Just because the liberals prefer to be bitches and roll over and take it, that doesn't mean the other side should do the same.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:29 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

lol. Comments like that make me believe you have absolutely no idea what politics is about Frank. Just because the liberals prefer to be bitches and roll over and take it, that doesn't mean the other side should do the same.

I have a fairly decent understanding of politics, McG.

The law has been passed...and the Republicans are trying to circumvent it by holding the economy hostage.

You...and the supporters of these people...are the ones being bitches.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:48 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

It's the "law of the land" yet Obama has changed it 19 times since it's passage. Let's stop with the "law of land" BS as that's what it is, a giant, steaming pile of BS.

The law of the land that specifically gives the executive branch the power to decide how to implement it. The BS is coming from those that whine that Obama has "changed the law." If you feel he has "changed" the law then please point to the specific part of the law you feel he changed. Vague claims of "he changed the law" are BS without support.

What's funny is the 19 times claim includes changes Congress made to the bill and Obama signed.
0 Replies