Got cheated in Texas - bad car

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 04:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh how will I sleep tonight edgar?

You are a real peach.

Just like your pal Rocky, you love to sling insults, but then have the unmitigated gall to cop offended victim status when someone pays you back in kind.

You'll peek.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 04:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
you can insult me all you wish, finky.

it just lets all the other kids know what a dickhead you are...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 04:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Classic Rockhead.

Do you ever have anything of substance to contribute, or are you only capable of snarky smears, with the occassional, "Oh, you hurt my feelings!"

Enjoy your front row seat in the Peanut Gallery?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
you are the one present in this thread offering only snark and smears.

get a ******* grip why don't ya...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Because you're certainly not..right?

Good Lord you are predictable.

Nice doge of my point though that you never contribute anything of substance to any thread.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
you and your good lord need to focus a little bit, finky.

edgar's thread is about cars.

you are here to **** on edgar, but he quit reading your posts.

why are you still here again?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:20 pm
@Rockhead,
Why are you here?

I offered advice to edgar, did you?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:21 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead doesn't work up explanations of what he thinks, but says them, with however few words. I mostly agree with him (we had a big spat). His reactions are oft taunting, but so are yours and yours are more like a kid coming to play an insult game, your persona of the day.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
edgar PMed me about his troubles, and we decided that starting a thread was a good idea for him to seek info.

(knowing that some of the resident dickheads [take a bow, finn]would show up to lob turds, but proceeding anyway)

I am actively trying to help him.

what are you doing here again...?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:44 pm
This may not apply in Texas, but I was in a twirly intersection hit about twenty five years ago. I had two witnesses speak up for me while I was still sitting in the car, with police and firemen around me - one, a guy at the bus stop, and the other, the woman behind me. This guy ran the red very late. It turned out he was three weeks here from Egypt. I have a friend from there, so not a racist slam, but he wasn't ready to drive here.

My car was towed to some local place, and (not clear memory on this but I probably wrote it up), they didn't answer me on stuff. (this was in the early 90's)

I got a bill for $15o0. for storage.
I sent my assembly person a letter.

The bill was dropped.

I wonder re a racket with the seller.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 08:25 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Rockhead wrote:

who does your inspections, ed?

a government agency (shirley not in texas) or a local shop that pays for the privelege?

I get my inspections done at a place in Tomball. We are not allowed to inspect a car if the check engine light is on. The man in question had it done in the same county. I emailed the DPS to find out why they bypassed the tests.

It's possible to buy a ODB reader for about $20 that will erase any error codes. It would be possible to erase the codes one block from the testing place and then get the test done before the engine light comes back on.
0 Replies