Title of Movie

gollum

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 05:55 pm
Was set in the future - in England - concerned hooligans - they attacked a pregnant woman.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 3,368 • Replies: 6

Ragman

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 06:01 pm
@gollum,
If the movie which you're talking about is Clockwork Orange, the woman wasn't pregnant. The setting was the future England.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 06:34 pm
@gollum,
If it isn't what Ragman suggested, I bet its one of these films:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:British_science_fiction_films
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 06:49 pm
@Ragman,
I think Ragman's right. It's gotta be Clockwork Orange.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 07:50 pm
@Ragman,
Yes. Thank you Ragman. I guess you are right about her not being pregnant. But I remember finding it painful to watch the film because of my impression that she was pregnant.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 08:44 am
@gollum,
Clockwork Orange.

www.enotes.com/topics/clockwork-orange

".......Burgess, a self-avowed anarchist, visited Leningrad (in what was then the Soviet Union) in 1961 and was appalled at the degree to which the communist state controlled people's lives. He based the character of Alex and his band of thugs ("droogs" in Nadsat) on Russian and British gangs of the 1950s and 1960s. The Russian stilyaqi, or style-boys, reminded Burgess of the teddyboys, a macho British youth subculture. "Inspiration" for a violent scene in the novel stems from an incident in 1943 when a group of AWOL (absent without leave) American soldiers attacked and raped Burgess's then-pregnant wife, Llewela Isherwood Jones, in London, killing their unborn child. Though his wife died more than two decades later, Burgess attributed her subsequent alcoholism and death from cirrhosis of the liver to that incident."
gollum

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 04:01 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Thank you Lordyaswas.

So Ragman was wrong. The lady was pregnant.
0 Replies