The Apprentice (2024)

Reply Wed 29 May, 2024 10:15 am
I really don't want to see this train wreck but I also want to see it disparage the living crap and crucify Trump.

Is there anyone here aware of it coming soon to theaters? There are no apparent release dates other than a Cannes Film Festival release and I realistically don't expect this as a potential October surprise influence on the actual presidential election.

With some of the filmmaker credentials? There is some Oscar buzz.

What sayeth you? What are your feelings towards seeing this on the big screen? Will it be damning enough? Possibly whitewashing history? I don't expect (or hope not) it to treat Trump with kid gloves.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 953 • Replies: 4
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2024 06:22 am
@tsarstepan,
Apparently it will be released in UK in 2024, nothing more specific.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 May, 2024 06:58 am
@izzythepush,
The lack of any release dates (while not necessarily ... concerning) seemingly makes the movie really pointless if its after the election.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2024 07:07 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't think it makes a lot of odds over here.

If it's shown before your election but still delayed in the US I can't see how it would be any different from now.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2024 01:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
I think Alan Sugar should take them to court and make them change the name.

Alan Sugar is the star of The Apprentice over here, which predates Trump over there.

Lord Sugar is not without his own problems, but compared to Trump he's a saint.

One big difference is Sugar made his fortune, he didn't inherit a pile from daddy.

As The Apprentice is linked to Lord Sugar the film should be called something different, something more suitable to Trump, like The Conman.

That would be a bloody brilliant court case.
0 Replies