Miller

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 02:52 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Miller wrote:

Judge Judy always tells her audience, if you cannot earn money any other way, you can always go out and collect bottles and cans.

Very true.

Oh, goody! You've found someone you can relate to on your own level.

Are you jealous of Judge Judy's wealth or are you mad because you never went to law school.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 05:53 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

You have to ask?

Yes, that's why I did so.

What difference does it make?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 06:37 pm
I think this link has been posted here before, but I'd like to invite opinions on this poverty simulation game....

http://playspent.org/
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 11:30 pm
Quote:
Americans will pay an average premium of $328 monthly for a mid-tier health insurance plan when the Obamacare health exchanges open for enrollment next week, and most will qualify for government subsidies to lower that price, the Obama administration said on Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/obamacares-average-monthly-cost-across-u-328-040209815.html

or $3,939 per year

average cost per year of care sucked per person is expected to be $8,800

Houston, we have a problem!
0 Replies

Erick726

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 05:42 pm
For those that gave out all the helpful and informative advice thank you. For everyone else I just want to say that this idea of picking yourself up by the bootstraps mentality is ruining the country. Social programs are there for when the poor, out of work, or working poor have a hard time surviving. No one becomes a success alone. there's always someone there supporting you whether it's family, co-workers, or employees. There's no excuse for companies to pay such low wages and then turn around and say "look at all these freeloaders taking MY money! I earned this!" as they count their millions if not billions in their bank account. How much money does a corporation or CEO need before they become satisfied? If you're going to make all this money on the backs of your low paid employees then you can stand to make less of a profit and pay higher taxes. This war against poverty is going in the wrong direction. Instead of helping people and paying higher wages while making less profit their only legal responsibility is making as much profit as possible for their shareholders. It makes no sense. My sister works herself into exhaustion working a full time job and taking care of her kids while making sure she enriches their lives with afterschool activities like cheerleading and tee ball. If not for our mother she couldn't even do this. No one becomes successful alone.
roger

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 06:16 pm
@Erick726,
You know, it's okay to just jump in and post a political rant. It needn't be made up to look like a serious question.
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 06:34 pm
@Erick726,
I happen to agree with much of what you've said Erick.
It's hard to do anything without at least something of a support system.

Telling people who are in danger of, or have lost their housing to go out and collect cans is asinine.

People who do that get into fights, and beat the **** out of each other over a freakin' can or bottle.

I just looked, and the going rate back in 2008 for a pound of aluminum was between .20 and .90 cents a pound....let's say today it's a big buck a pound....It takes 32 cans to make a pound.

At that rate, if you collected 1000 (that's one thousand) cans a DAY, you'd make a few cents over $31.00

If you could manage to find 100 cans an hour, each and every hour, you'd have to work 10 hours a day, not counting the time it takes to bring that load to the recyling place....which is way the hell out of the way, and no one will let you on a bus with a thousand cans. Even if you could get on a bus with that mess it could take hours of your time on top of your 10 hours work to get your money.

Yeah Miller, you try to live on $31 a day, sticking your hands into all kinds of **** to pick up a thousand cans, each and every day, while dozens of others are trying to do the same thing.

An RN working in a hospital makes that or more in an hour.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 06:36 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You know, it's okay to just jump in and post a political rant. It needn't be made up to look like a serious question.

I personally don't think his story was made up.

It's not hard to get riled up when some self righteous jerk says "let them eat cake"
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 06:47 pm
@chai2,
in 2011 american healthcare sucked 18% of gdp, canada and germany were at 11%, AND america had increased over 1% in just four years. THAT is the major problem, and no one is even talking about doing anything about it.
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 06:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
So talk about it. What do you suggest?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:02 pm
@chai2,
nationalizing the hospitals for 20 years, changing patent law so that we dont get held hostage to the drug companies using us for most of their profits, and ration care. one if the most important thing is to stop spending so much for the last year of life, the figure escapes me but it is up around $100k on average. we need to free doctors of paperwork so they can practice medicine, they see on average only 13 people a day because of all of the system impossed bullshit sucking up their day and almost half of recently minted doctors think that they made a mistake going into medicine. This should tell you that we are on a disaster course. obamacare will make it worse rather than better.
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
ok.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:26 pm
@chai2,
25% of medicare spending is for the last year of life, it kills any attempt to avoid running out of money, and Obamacare does zip about the problem. That is $125 billion of Uncle's money per year and $40,000 per individual in co-pays.....it is nuts.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:33 pm
I don't share your concern for the livelihood of doctors; they do quite well.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Income_profession.png
My concern is for the huge number of Americans who can't afford health care.
ObamaRomneycare addresses this problem and in a few years we'll ask each other" What was the big deal?"
BigEgo

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:38 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Ya mean like those that are still looking for the first job?

How the hell do you know their still looking for their first job? You ignorant closeted Republican!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:40 pm
@panzade,
dont forget to subtract $12,000 for insurance, payments on $200,000 in school loans, and the ten years of lost earning potential due to the years it takes to get certified , MKay?
roger

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:49 pm
@chai2,
You could be right. I certainly reacted to the "let them eat cake". Could be the sudden change of topic threw me off.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't seem to be able to hold back my tears.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:54 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

I don't seem to be able to hold back my tears.
we see how you do in 20 years if you are sick but cant find someone behind a doctor shingle to see you.
panzade

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 06:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's already the case Hawk

Here's a video that is obvious but will still surprise many.

0 Replies