RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:30 am
@hawkeye10,
The government dosent have a work program. What you are refering too is a program that calls on people on welfare to find a job in a specific amount of time or lose their benefits. The government dosent provide those jobs.
JPB

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:53 am
@RABEL222,
I believe Hawk is calling for the reactivation of the CCC worker programs, RAB.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:26 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

I believe Hawk is calling for the reactivation of the CCC worker programs, RAB.

at the very very least give young people a place to go to learn how to work and let them earn some money, maybe use Americore to give a job to anyone under 30 who wants one. I concider it both a crime and stupidity that we have not already done this.
Miller

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 12:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

btw my current theory is that you are an American (were?) vietnam draft dodger who fled to Canada, and is wanted by the US military for prosecution. would you like to confirm or deny?

If he's wanted by the US military, they'll find him, now that he's posted on A2K.
JTT

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 01:14 pm
@Miller,
You lack the balls to address those places where you were challenged, Miller. Even Foofie isn`t normally such a chickenshit.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 01:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
OK. Misunderstood you, sorry. I agree with you on this.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 02:10 pm
I've long liked what I've known about the CCC and think starting that up again is a good idea. (I might have said that already, don't want to reread the thread)
RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 02:15 pm
@ossobuco,
We have several state parks in my state that were built during the depression that are still here and useable.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:19 pm
Those damned evil Republicans "preying on people!"

If only the government was ruled by those wonderful, people loving Democrats.

Do any of you ever stop to consider how childish your comments are?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Do you ever look to see what the Republican Party is doing? Especially the Teaparty faction. It's criminal.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Do you ever look to see what the Republican Party is doing? Especially the Teaparty faction. It's criminal.

the liberals using the government to shove its utopia dreams down our throat are no teaparty either jsyk. there is a deficit of humanity on all sides.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
So, I would be called a liberal and I am all for some of the CCC stuff I remember.

This is going to make me dig out that great book about those buildings.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Spare me the hyperbole edgar
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 09:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Spare me the outrage.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 09:05 pm
The predators are generally the people who bankroll the demoKKKrat party: Soro, the NEA and other public unions, the trial lawyers guild, the "Green(TM)" gangsters such as Solyndra and Algor...

Right now, Republican are waging a valiant effort to save the American people from one of the all-time worst demoKKKrat abominations, i.e. obungacare.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 09:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1208/liberals-really-are-idiots-obama-politics-1345174374.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 09:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
What outrage?

You think too highly of your comments.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 11:45 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

The conservatives dident support government work programs during the great depression. What makes you think they would support them now?

Quote:
Rep. Steve Southerland (R-Fla.) departed the Capitol to address his most wary audience yet: the people whose government benefits he hoped to curtail.

“Stick to your talking points this time if you can,” said a staff member, handing him a sheet of those talking points minutes before they left for the event.

It’s too late to start being cautious,” Southerland said, folding the paper and leaving it on his desk. It was already late summer, and he hoped to pass the most significant food stamp overhaul in decades by the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30.

The event was listed on his schedule as a “Poverty Tour,” and Southerland had invited a dozen Republican policy experts to join him. They boarded a bus provided by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, and traveled across Washington to a job training center, where three homeless men idled outside. Southerland stood at the front of the bus to address his colleagues. He looked like the funeral director he had been before running for Congress in 2008 – shoes polished, suit pressed, eyes solemn, head bowed as if in prayer. “This is an important moment for us,” he said. If only his tough-love message could resonate with the unemployed, then maybe he could win over a divided Congress.

“What we are fighting for is a cultural shift,” Southerland told his colleagues on the bus. “The explosion of food stamps in this country is not just a fiscal issue for me. This is a defining moral issue of our time.”

Southerland’s food stamp proposal, which on Thursday the House narrowly voted to approve, would require able-bodied adults to work or volunteer at least 20 hours each week in order to receive government food assistance. “It’s the simple solution,” he said in March at a news conference introducing the idea. But in the months since, he has learned that no idea is simple in Washington, especially not one that would fundamentally alter a program that has tripled in size during the past decade, growing to support a record 47 million people at a cost of $80 billion each year.

In a divided Congress, few debates have been more fractious than the one over food stamps and few proposals have been as contentious as Southerland’s. Republicans say his idea would encourage people to find jobs, decreasing government spending while adding workers to the economy. Democrats say it would leave millions of the most vulnerable Americans hungry at a time when food insecurity is already approaching historic highs.

Southerland’s proposal passed the House despite receiving no Democratic support, as part of a bill that would cut 3.8 million people and $4 billion from the food stamp program next year

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2013/09/24/hard-work/?hpid=z1

a better answer than the previous one, this one is irrefutable.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 05:09 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You remind me of a fire ant, hopping from thread to thread, making caustic comments. But in the final analysis, you're just a teabagger and I have been reading that more traditional Republicans, in some quarters at least, are getting fed up with that fire ant sort of actions.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 05:16 am
@hawkeye10,
as part of a bill that would cut 3.8 million people and $4 billion from the food stamp program next year

The reason dems dident vote for this bill plus the fact rich farmers got more government money for not growing food.