edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 08:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe you should try a little sunshine.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 08:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
A speck to you is disaster to a teabagger's way of thinking.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 08:55 pm
One doesn't have to abandon favor of socialized medicine to realize and acknowledge that Obamacare is a monumental cluster f*ck.

Obviously a lot of people want their government to take care of them. I find this repulsive, but the majority generally gets to call the shots. Why anyone would accept this legislative abomination as the best they can get speaks to tribal partisanship, and the silly ass thinking that originated this thread.

Republicans, for whatever reasons, want to do away with Obamacare and since they are clearly evil, the enlightened liberal must support it fully no matter it's myriad flaws.

They are counting on this irrational reaction and you are falling into lock step.

JTT

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 08:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Maybe y'all ought to stop whining about you poor little put upon folks and consider just how criminal, how evil, how vicious y'all have been for well over a hundred years, with no end in sight.

Quote:

http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/58/

History Matters

Captain Elliott, of the Kansas Regiment, February 27th:

Talk about war being “hell,” this war beats the hottest estimate ever made of that locality. Caloocan was supposed to contain seventeen thousand inhabitants. The Twentieth Kansas swept through it, and now Caloocan contains not one living native. Of the buildings, the battered walls of the great church and dismal prison alone remain. The village of Maypaja, where our first fight occurred on the night of the fourth, had five thousand people in it at that day,—now not one stone remains upon top of another. You can only faintly imagine this terrible scene of desolation. War is worse than hell.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 09:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh so you actually believe you are Decent Eddy?

Hey, maybe the adulation will take hold and you'll refrain from demonizing conservatives and using the deliberately insulting "tea-baggers."

Somehow I don't think that, for you, the sun shines on people with whom you disagree, but as long as you have four or five A2Kers thumbing up your shadowy bile, I feel quite sure you will find it's excretion to be not only satisfying but noble.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 09:15 pm
@JTT,
I almost always disagree with you, but I give you credit for adhering to a point of view that doesn't cut either side of the political spectrum slack.

I would think that you would find sanctimonious Democrat Do-Gooders particularly noxious. At least (most) conservatives don't attempt to sugar coat their imperialistic tendencies.

Conservatives bomb Indo-China, and so do Liberals. The end result is the same but what about the motivation?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 09:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What the ****'s wrong with you, finn. Trying to get a rise out of somebody over the stupidest points. Grow up why don't you? Don't be a child all the time.
parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 09:42 pm
@McGentrix,
So... you are going to ignore the answers from people that it does affect?

I am curious who you think has to trade their current health care for Obamacare since almost all plans are just fine under Obamacare.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 09:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Obviously a lot of people want their government to take care of them. I find this repulsive, but the majority generally gets to call the shots.

Could you say something even stupider Finn? When I buy insurance it doesn't mean the government is taking care of me.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 10:14 pm
@parados,
I don't know, but I bet by your ridiculous standards I could.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 10:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar you are a black hole for rational discussion.

I give up.

You are American liberalism personified.

parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 10:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Could you explain how my buying insurance is a sign the government is taking care of me?

Or could you even make it sound anything other than stupid?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 10:31 pm
@parados,
No, I don't think I care to.
parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 10:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No, I don't think I care to.

So, even you recognize it was a stupid thing to say.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 10:59 pm
@parados,
That must be it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
When you serve up bile for discussion, you must expect to receive some back. But I thank you for the compliment: "You are American liberalism personified."
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:23 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The end result is the same but what about the motivation?

The motivation has always been as plain as the nose on any American's face, Finn, but the vast majority seem hell bent on wanting to maintain a grand delusion.

The motivation for all the millions the US has slaughtered is greed, voracious, rapacious greed. The US invades sovereign nations, sets up a brutal dictator then kills the very people they make a pretense that they are there to save. This has been going on since day one.

You disagree, vehemently, with my statement that the US is the worst of any nation on the planet. But then all you did was flee the zone. If my statement was so outlandish, you could set the record straight pretty fast. Why doesn't anyone ever want to set the record straight?
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 05:32 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Delay until a way can be found to kill it seems to be the plan.

You have scored a bull's-eye, Edgarblythe. In essence that is what "delay for a year" is all about....to "kill it." That is precisely what that contrivance is all about by our "honorable" US Republican congress. There seem to be no end to their treachery! ...And as big a supporter as I am of Obama, I, too, would lose any respect for him...after all... who the hell loves a pushover?!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 06:44 am
After DECADES of bad decisions, America is now dangerously in debt!

30 years ago the US national debt stood at about one trillion dollars. Today it stands at almost 17 TRILLION DOLLARS!

About 40 years ago the TOTAL debt stood at about 2 trillion dollars, today it is more than 56 TRILLION DOLLARS!

Since 2001, America has lost more than 56,000 manufacturing facilities and millions of jobs have been moved overseas. Their share of the global GDP declined from 31.8% in 2001 to 21.6% in 2011.

The percentage of self employed Americans is at an all time low whilst the amount of them on benefits is at a record high.

During Obama's first term, the federal government accumulated more debt than it did under the first 42 U.S presidents combined.

If they started to pay off the new debt accumulated under Obama at the rate of $1 per second, it would take them 184,000 years to pay it off.

America has dropped in global economic competitiveness for the past 4 years running. According to the Economist, America was the best place to be born in 1988, now they tie for 16th place.

There are less Americans working in manufacturing today than in 1950, despite the fact that their population has doubled since then. In Detroit alone, there are over 70,000 abandoned buildings. When NAFTA was pushed through American Congress in 1933, they had a trade surplus with Mexico of 1.6 billion dollars. They had a trade DEFICIT with them of 61.6 billion dollars come 2010.Their trade deficit with China was 6 MILLION DOLARS in 1985 for the entire year. In 2012 their trade deficit with China was 315 BILLION DOLLARS. This is the largest trade deficit between nations in the history of the world.

America also loses half a million jobs to China annually. Less than 65% of all men in America have jobs.53% of American male workers make less than £30,000 a year! Only 7% of all non-farm workers in the States are self-employed. This is an all time low.146 million Americans are either 'poor' or 'low income'. 49% of them live in a home that receives benefits from the federal government, according to the U.S Census Bureau.

One in every 6 Americans is on Medicaid and Obamacare will add another 16 million to the Medicaid rolls; this will be a total of 73.2 million come 2025. This will increase liabilities of 38 trillion dollars to Medicare over the next 75 years, which equates to $328,404.00 for every single household in the United States.

Of the 56 million Americans collecting Social Security benefits now, by 2035 that will soar to an astounding 91 MILLION! That is a 134 trillion dollar shortfall over the next 75 years. Americans on Social Security Disability exceeds the population of Greece, and those on food stamps exceeds the population of Spain, 45% of all children in Miami now live in poverty, more than 50% of all children in Cleveland live in poverty, 60% of all children in Detroit live in poverty.

More than 1 million public school students in America are HOMELESS. This is the first time in American history this has ever happened.

Since Obama got back in, those Americans on food stamps has risen from 32 million to 47 million. That number exceeds the combined populations of Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Colombia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming!

...”Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here'. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and Grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

SENATOR BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, MARCH 2006

Quod erat demonstrandum.

0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 02:27 pm
President Obama

In 2007, Sen. Obama Did Not Vote During The Vote To Raise The Debt Limit. (H.J. Res. 43, Roll Call Vote 534, Adopted 53-42: R 26-20; D 26-21; I 1-1; Obama Not Voting)

In 2006, Then-Sen. Obama Voted Against The Senate Resolution to Increase The Debt Ceiling. (H.J. Res 47: Adopted 52-48: R 52-3; D 0-44; I 0-1, 3/16/06, Obama Voted Nay)
Gross Federal Debt At The Time Was Just $8.3 Trillion, Compared To $16.7 Trillion Today.
(“The Debt To The Penny And Who Holds It,” U.S. Treasury, Accessed 10/4/13)

Then-Sen. Obama Said “The Fact That We Are Here Today To Debate Raising America’s Debt Limit Is A Sign Of Leadership Failure.”

SEN. BARACK OBAMA: “Mr. President, I rise today to talk about America’s debt problem. The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion. That is ‘trillion’ with a ‘T.’ That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.”

(Sen. Barack Obama, Congressional Record, 3/16/06, p. S2237)

Obama Said “Interest Payments Are A Significant Tax On All Americans—A Debt Tax That Washington Doesn’t Want To Talk About.

SEN. BARACK OBAMA:
“And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on. Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America’s priorities. Instead, interest payments are a significant tax on all Americans—a debt tax that Washington doesn’t want to talk about. If Washington were serious about honest tax relief in this country, we would see an effort to reduce our national debt by returning to responsible fiscal policies.”

(Sen. Barack Obama, Congressional Record, 3/16/06, p. S2237)