studies indicate need for change in anorexia treatment

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 09:13 pm
I watched the film 'The Karen Carpenter Story' (1989) on TV the other day to try to figger out what's going on in anorexics minds, and in K's case it seems it was triggered by her parents telling her when she was a young teen what a nice figure she had, and their words made her feel loved and wanted. As she got older and teenage anxieties started kicking in, she started starving herself in order to get their love and attention again and it got out of control.
0 Replies

wonder91

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 08:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I care deeepllyyy
0 Replies

wonder91

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 08:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Ive been eating bit more in slow steps and trying to stay to comfort safe food till im able to branch out more and i stopped over exercising, any way to be able to get more water in so i can fix mild dehydration daily slowly?

I get weighed on Thursday and i dont pretend anything on here id rather die then do that im not a liar hell no thats is totally barbaric i hate that or when they troll. I do appreciate everyone and wish people the best .
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 09:18 pm
I was never anorexic but I hated having breakfast soon after getting up in the morning when I was a kid because my stomach wasn't awake yet and I just wasn't hungry.
Yet my mam always put a plate of breakfast in front of me and bullied me into eating it, she said "Eat it all up, you need it inside you before you go to school".
So i had to eat it but it made me feel a bit sick.
In the end i refused to eat breakfast and my mam gave in, and made me some sandwiches to take to school instead so i could eat them in the morning break. That was fine because my stomach had woken up by then, and i was hungry..Smile
So perhaps some people become anorexic when they get older because they hate food because their parents forced them to eat it when they were young?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 06:05 am
@wonder91,
Wonder91, it's you a lot of us have been worried about, but I forgot your username at the time I read the article that I started this thread about.
I'm glad you are getting help.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 01:16 pm
I once knew a lady who was agoraphobic, afraid to leave the house.
So I said to her with a smile "Well stay in then".
She looked amazed and broke into a smile and said "Oooh thank you, nobody's ever said that to me before, I feel much better now, thank you! All i've been getting from people is "you MUST go out".
The same approach might work with anorexics, people should stop bullying anorexics and simply tell them with a smile- "Okay, if you don't want to eat, then don't eat, just have a little nibble of something now and again"..Smile
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 01:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Please don't listen to that person, wonder.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 11:54 pm
Hey Wonder, nobody seems to be helping you here, so keep me posted on how you're doing and i might be able to throw a few tips your way, I sometimes get mail from people all over internet-land thanking me for helping them with various problems so I must be doing something right..Smile

0 Replies