Installation of 4 ceiling light fixture + wiring

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 08:52 am
Does anyone know how long does it take to install 4 ceiling light fixture + wiring in the 2nd floor normally, given that I used stand up lamp for all 4 of my bedrooms?

The electrician I hired took 17 hours to complete the task. He was having a lot of difficulty getting the box behind the receptacles and switches out of the drywall because it was nailed onto the stud.

Also when he place the switch back into the drywall, all of them is slanted toward one side, he claims it is screw onto one side of the stud, which causing it to pull toward that side only and there is no way around it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,180 • Replies: 1
No top replies

bahtah

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 10:16 pm
@Lucas9394,
If the bed room is existing the code would require a switched receptacle. If your floor lamp was controlled by a switched receptacle you would normally use the switch to supply the new ceiling light outlet and splice the feed through so the switched receptacle would be energize all the time like the rest of the receptacles. If the switch is on an interior wall there is no insulation to deal with and if you have attic space available and a craw hole close by it should not take more than ten hours to install a ceiling light outlet. If attic space is limited and crawl hole along ways away then twelve to fourteen hours. Add travel time to and from the shop and additional labor depending on the type of fixture (flush cans or surface mounted). If your fixtures are surface and require assembly then there would be additional time for that. I don't think the seventeen hours is far off depending on the conditions. Since it was four rooms it may have actually be faster to use one electrician with an apprentice so one could be in the attic and one in the room.
0 Replies