The blood of Syria's Christians is on Obunga's hands

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:38 pm
http://townhall.com/columnists/scottiehughes/2013/09/10/the-blood-of-christians-on-obamas-hands-n1695270

Quote:

Thirty-five miles northeast of Damascus is a small Christian village built into the mountains of Syria. Until yesterday, the most interesting thing about this town called Maaloula was that its 6,000 residents are among the last in the world who still speak Aramaic – the language Christ spoke as a boy in a carpentry shop, as man giving a sermon from a mount, and on the eve of his death and resurrection when he broke bread and poured wine and said, “This is my body…. This is my blood.”

Yesterday, according to reports by eyewitnesses, the Christians of Maaloula were attacked by a vicious army with no respect for human life and a special hatred for the Christians it calls infidels. They were driven from their homes. They were murdered in their streets.

Based on the recent rhetoric from President Obama and his administration, you might at first assume that the Syrian dictator and his army were responsible for this hate crime against the innocent Aramaic-speaking Christians of Maaloula. But the truth is quite the contrary. As has been the case in many prior attacks on Syria’s Christian minority, the culprits were al-Qaeda-linked rebels – the very same rebels Mr. Obama is preparing to help by bombing the Assad regime........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,399 • Replies: 6

Foofie

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 12:55 pm
@gungasnake,
I do not agree. The atrocity was caused by whoever committed the atrocity. The logic that you are offering reminds me of the people that claim that the Pope should have done more to prevent the Holocaust in WWII. Well, the Pope is not the Pope of Judaism; he is the Pope of Catholicism. The Pope has a flock of Catholics, not Jews. Same with our President. He cannot be blamed for the hate that manifests itself on the other side of the globe. If you do not agree with me, please make an ethical argument why the President should be "blamed" for hate that manifests itself from age old hatreds.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 02:21 pm
@Foofie,
Bork has in fact been helping these guys.
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 12:18 pm
@gungasnake,
But Robert Bork passed away years ago. Wink
gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:47 pm
@wmwcjr,
Bork, as in:

Bork Obunga,
Before he borks YOU...

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 03:31 pm
@gungasnake,
Oh, I knew whom you meant. Cool I was just taking advantage of the situation for a little lame humor on my part. Cool You know, to relieve all the tension caused by all the name-calling Sad that goes on in these hallowed forums. Cool I wasn't implying any disrespect for your topic.

Relax, my friend. No need to get uptight. I'm not a participant in these online political altercations. I gave up on politics a long time ago. I have absolutely no influence in Washington, D.C. (or in my home town, for that matter). I can do nothing about the future of our country, as my state is a one-party state. (It's Texas; so, that might make you happy. Smile ) I'm just a lurker here at A2K, destined to be an online outsider. Crying or Very sad Mr. Green But that's okay. Cool I'm just a tired 63-year-old guy who works out at a local health club (having already spent a small fortune on physical trainers) and suffers from a chronic sleep disorder. Sad Wink

So, carry on, my friend, and have fun. Smile I may not be a political conservative (or a "progressive," by today's standards); but neither am I to be counted amongst your many ideological enemies in this august forum, since this is not one of my battles. I'm just an outsider.

Enough of my babbling for now.

By the way, my knowledge of borking is nill; so, I don't know if I've ever been borked or not. It sounds nasty! Mad Razz Wink
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 04:46 pm
@gungasnake,
Oh! Its this type of bork.

You know what I mean GangaSnaKKKe?

Rap
0 Replies