What do other people do with cracked Easter eggs?

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 12:56 pm
Personally, I adore egg salad (in all possible variations) and devilled eggs. I also enjoy pickled eggs--red beet eggs in PA Dutchy terms.

What do you do when the egg hunt is over?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,071 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Wy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 07:40 pm
Put half the meatloaf mixture in the pan. Line eggs (lengthwise) down the middle and cover with the rest of the meat. Seal it well around the eggs and bake as usual. When you slice the meatloaf you get "bullseyes" of HB eggs...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:43 pm
egg salad sammiches . . .

mmmmmmmmmmm . . . sammiches . . .
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:08 pm
what set said.............

ooooh and meatloaf.....................
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:22 pm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .

meatloaf sammiches . . .
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:02 am
I'll have to try the meatloaf solution--although Mr. Noddy is a traditionalist about his meatloaf.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 02:02 pm
i never had egg in meatloaf until i came to guam, where everyone puts eggs in meatloaf.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:28 pm
Noddy, he can kick the eggs out and just eat the rest. They don't affect the taste of the meatloaf, just the presentation... Although if ketchup or tomato paste is an ingredient in the meatloaf, the outside of the eggs might become stained... Just as tasty but not so beyootiful...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:48 pm
never done a hard boiled egg in a meatloaf before. I guess raw or cooked its about the same thing, aint it?

I have egg salad. I like when the dye gets into the egg and then the egg salad is funky colors..freaks people out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:22 pm
I mix raw egg in my meatloaf as a binder, no matter what else I add, but ... sadly, I have quailed from ickyness as a child and have a few remnants of that in me still - so, noooooooooooooooooo hard boiled eggs in any meatloaf of mine, thank you. Or mashed, geez, in sammiches. (Where are you, Elaine May's daughter, she on a date with Charles Grodin...) Way too vestigially ookie.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 08:35 pm
Osso, is it the "oke" you don't like? What do you do with HB eggs?
0 Replies