Amoh5

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 01:38 pm
@Leadfoot,
Did I say I respected his opinion? I don't see that in any of my previous posts. I was trying to say he is a well known figure supposedly the Father of Modern Human psychology or psychoanalysis. He's supposed to have an answer for everything that goes on in our heads, even the religious ones. However, I do have great respect for one of his opinions in that he revolutionized the ethics towards the mentally ill. Before his time they would just lock up the mentally ill and throw away the key so to speak. But he had an opinion to try and help these people by analysing their conditions so that treatment could be applied. Very humane and intelligent of him I would say. I don't recall seeing any of his literature on the Trinty, but he did have some controversial opinions on religious people and God.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 01:57 pm
@Amoh5,
OK, but we WERE talking about the trinity. No need to toss Sigmund in as a red herring.
Amoh5

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 02:20 pm
@Leadfoot,
What more do you need to know about the Trinity...
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 02:51 pm
@Amoh5,
You already gave me your thoughts on the Trinity, that's all I wanted. I was just confused about why you introduced Sigmund into the discussion.
Amoh5

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
I was merely adding to our discussion about religion saying that I wouldn't put my entire trust in men of Physics Science such as Sigmund, to guide me in the sense of psychology and morality. I'd rather have some sort of divine intervention because we humans are prone to imperfection, so who can we trust when it comes to psychology/spirituality? I wouldn't trust just anyone telling me what's normal or abnormal thinking and behaviour. Just an extra thought that's all
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 06:45 pm
@Amoh5,
Naturally it follows you cannot believe your priest, spiritual guider, as he is human and thus imperfect. Equally you can't trust any man's word that the Bible is divine revelation. Only God himself can reveal itself to you as means of proof. So when he shows up send me a PM, I want in.
Amoh5

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 07:38 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yes, you are correct but I meant trusting people in a wholesome sense. I can trust someone in a mutual accordingly sense, but I couldn't deem them perfect like I can trust them in a wholesome sense. We are all prone to error, including myself. But its up to the individual I suppose in what they deem is sound morality and psychology, and how they define an ideal teacher of psychology etc etc. I guess we all have different experiences, so our perceptions will differ. As far as my rationale is concerned in the context of spirituality/psychology, I'd rather give my allegiance to a teacher who is good and decent and may be a fairy-tale, rather than give my allegiance to a teacher who is bad and indecent and may be real. I hope that wasn't too cryptical for you...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 07:47 pm
@Amoh5,
No not at all. But Moral there is springing from your own judgement not from revelation. Moreover a fairy tail authority cannot guide you, while a REAL authority IS guiding you whether "you" like it or not. Its not like you have a choice. Power is power.
Amoh5

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 07:58 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I'm not saying I believe and give allegiance to a fairy tale authority, I am just saying that ultimately I don't care what people think of me as a Christian or about their fairy tale ideas towards Christianity. I'm happy with my path of choice. BTW old Lordyaswas he's a real crack up ay, really funny...
manden

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:38 am
@Amoh5,
The true God is the real creator of the universe , the God of the WHOLE mankind ( and the father of the mankind ) .
He is NOT one of the manmade idols of the manmade religions ! ! !
As long as the mankind cannot recognize that , the chaos on this earth will
go on ! WAKE UP !
Amoh5

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 05:43 pm
@manden,
"He that is perfect or without sin may cast the first stone"
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 05:43 am
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

"He that is perfect or without sin may cast the first stone"
There is something interesting to say about that quote and turn it upside down...why would a sinless perfect soul cast stones at all eh ?
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:12 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think that is the point of the expression Jesus was according to the tale without sin, but he didn't appear to be claiming dibs on first throw Smile

I have of course been wrong before ^_^
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:15 am
This crowd gathers to stone a woman, and Jesus jumps in front of her and holds up his hands, saying: "Let those among ye who are without sin cast the first stone!" This big f*ckin' rock come out of the back of the crowd and cold-cocks the woman . . . lays her out. Jesus says: "Mom! Knock it off!"
0 Replies

manden

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:32 am
@Amoh5,
The most of the bible and other religions is human invention and imagination .

Jesus was a good man , and he even recognized a little , ( the true God is father

of the mankind is correct) but he was NOTHING BUT A NORMAL MAN !
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:42 am
@manden,
It always amazed me that people think an ordinary man (who many think may not even have existed) was able to affect human history so profoundly. Even got us to set our calendars by the date of his suspected birth. Quite a PR coup. Even Donald Trump couldn't pull that off, and he had TV and the Internet to help.
Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:46 am
@Leadfoot,
Jesus, on the other hand, had Saul of Tarsus, who was smart enough to spread the disease to a literate population.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:52 am
@Setanta,
OK, so you think Paul had the magic. Either way, it's an absurd notion. Carl Rove was good but we'll all forget about Bush long before 2000 years have passed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 07:00 am
Yeah, Paul had the magic. So what, you're just trying to peddle some exceptionalism bullshit for your boy Jeebus. The Han have revered the Yellow Emperor for 2700 years. Does that make him real, or significant? He certainly is to the Han. So what? Gilgamesh existed, possibly as long as 2800 years ago, and he is still remembered. So what? Your boy will fade away some day, too. There is nothing exceptional about the Jesus cult, except in the minds of the religious nutters who subscribe to that BS.
Amoh5

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 07:15 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I was referring this quote to manden because he condemns(or throws stones) people without first judging his own imperfections, because I don't think he is perfect, he is just like the rest of us who make mistakes now and then. Humility will wake him up inside his own head, hypocrisy will put him to sleep inside his own head. Lord Jesus was merely enlightening the condemners about their hypocritical consciences, he also said "may cast the first stone" not "can cast the first stone," so "may" in this context literally means "undecided." Thats my thoughts on that anyway...
0 Replies