Leadfoot

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 08:18 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I'm not a bible literalist, or believe all the mythical connotations surrounding Lord Jesus.

I agree with your sentiments on the value of respecting all humans, but the question I asked you about was concerning the words of Jesus himself which you say you value above all else.

Going by his words, 'Jesus literally being God' is one of those 'mythical connotations surrounding him'.
neologist

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 09:23 am
@Leadfoot,
Perhaps Amoh mythed that point.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:00 am
Just a few pointers from the Gospels my friend,

keep in mind that the name Jesus is the Greek translation of the name Yeshua which in essence was derived from Yehoshua which means Yhwh is Salvation, Jesus own name refers to the God of the old testament, whom he referred to in his ministry

When Jesus spoke to his father in the garden of Gethsemane, remember his words
"let not my will, but yours take place"
Note that he has a separate will, and according to Matther 24
Quote:
But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, nor the Son, except the Father only.

He does not know all that the father knows
neologist

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:00 am
@Smileyrius,
Might have mythed that point as well.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 05:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
I take note of Lord Jesus's words saying God is spirit, so he is speaking from a spiritual perspective, which I perceive his descriptions of God are spiritual or psychological, not physical. He also talks about speaking figuratively which I also take into consideration. But with my own ultimate perspective of him: If you subtract all the mythical connotations applied to him, your left with a great teacher on human morality, the greatest teacher I've ever known anyway whether people say he existed or not. He is the greatest teacher on human morality in my mind. As they say its the spirit that drives the physical body, not the other way around.
neologist

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 05:30 pm
@Amoh5,
You know, of course, that Jesus existed in Heaven since the creation. Were you to read Proverbs ch 8, he identifies himself as the one speaking in vs 22.

Check it out.
Amoh5

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 07:05 pm
@neologist,
Yes I did read it. Sounds correct to me, but in a spiritual context. Yes the spirit of Lord Jesus came from God regardless of how immature or mature this spirit within him was during and the end of his ministry. It came from God the Father who Lord Jesus is one with, spiritually that is. Thats how I interpret it as a Christian.
Johnjohnjohn

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 04:09 pm
@Amoh5,
Let's clear this up.

Jesus isn't God. He's the Son.

Mark 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

0 Replies

anthonypameladp

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 12:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Jesus himself asked his apostles who did they say he was. At Matthew 16:15-17 Peter said "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus did not correct him but pronounced him "happy since the Father had revealed this to him." Also another scripture the sheads some light on this matter is at John 3:16 "God loved the world so much that He gave his only begotten son, that everyone exercising faith in him...have everlasting life. "
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:25 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
As a Christian I think Lord Jesus was physically a man, and spiritually he is God. You maybe thinking, how the heck did you calculate that? Well, in the bible Lord Jesus always refers to God as "Heavenly Father" which literally means "the sky" or "Father Sky." Therefore, physically God is the sky. So physically Lord Jesus was not God because physically he was a man. (BTW there is no "Mother Earth" in Christian theology but I suspect there is, even though she is not mentioned.) In the bible when Lord Jesus describes God, his only description of God is "spirit." The spirit of God is all about family values and morals. The family sense or psyche is critical for all living because survival and prosperity is the main objective. When people treat each other in a family type way they thrive and prosper. Human family values and morals is a significant teaching of Lord Jesus, therefore spiritually he is the spirit of God. I know there's nothing magical about the sky other than that it gives us air and water to stay alive. The only magic I know of from believing in the "spirit of family or God" is that it makes our minds more positive and well so that we can comprehend innovative ways to improve our quality of life. As a Christian, I don't kneel down and pray to the sky like some people may think, but rather I pray to "the spirit of God" through the spirit of Lord Jesus Christ. That is my perception on this topic "Is Jesus God?"
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 11:07 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
As a Christian I think Lord Jesus was physically a man, and spiritually he is God.
That sounds like just another way to say that Jesus was God come to earth as a man. That does nothing to resolve the many conflicts between this 'trinity' concept and the scriptures which clearly show that Jesus and God are separate and independent entities.

I don't know the details of how God begat Jesus but it happened long before he was born as a physical man here on earth.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 11:10 am
@Leadfoot,
I can offer you a nice trinity analogy...

Father the beginning.
Son the end.
The Holy Ghost the path between those two.

Result:
Reality !
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 04:26 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think the Father and Son are there beginning to end but you're close on the Holy Ghost/spirit. That path is available to all of us, not just father and son.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
You know like I meant the Alpha and the Omega...I know they are the same that's why its a trinity for Christ sake...its an analogy. I like my version better.
Amoh5

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
I think it depends on how you interpret it, I'm not a bible literalist, rather a bible moralist where I try and rationalise or try and make some sort of sense out of it all. If a non-Christian said to me that the literature on Jesus in the bible is so metaphoric and mythological, how can anyone make any sense of it? I would agree with them, I'm not ignorant to that fact. English is a first language for me, and I know the difference between direct explanatory literature and indirect explanatory literature. However, I do see some moral and Godly factors that make some sense to me. My interpretation on The Trinity(The Father, son and holy spirit) is that it refers to the physique of God Heavenly Father(the sky), Lord Jesus and the holy spirit of God Heavenly Father. That's what I think anyway...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:19 pm
@Amoh5,
Yes that is another interesting analogy.

The Father is the Metaphysical plane of existence, the "Sky"
The Son the material plane of existence the "world"
The Holy Ghost the path between the world as we live it and the ultimate plain of existence which is timeless...

...of course both of you know by now none of this involves minds in my pov.
Amoh5

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:48 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yes Fil, it all sounds so metaphorical and metaphysical. But as an outside observer I do think that Godliness (or the spirit of God) is all about our sense of family towards our own brith family of course, and other people. I need an allegiance or guide to remind me of that. I'm only human, I'm not superman or a magician. I have my good days and bad like everyone else where sometimes on the bad stressful days I can forget my sense of family and start hating people. But Lord Jesus is in the back of my mind to remind me of the value towards human life. Yes I know metaphors again...
manden

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 02:24 am
@Amoh5,
Jesus was a normal man , but very " good " .
And he belonged and belongs to the mankind , which is child of the real creator
of the universe , the God of the WHOLE mankind - is of course NOT God of
the manmade (mostly false) religions !
Amoh5

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 03:09 am
@manden,
Yes physically Lord Jesus was a man, or The son of Man as it says in the bible. But spiritually he is God, and the son of God Heavenly Father of all creation. HIS FIRST COMMANDMENT: Love the spirit of God with all your heart, soul and mind. HIS SECOND COMMADMENT: Love one another as I have loved you
manden

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:08 am
@Amoh5,
Jesus was and is a man , and of course N O T God ! ! !
That is very bad and dangerous to say that , because so you have NO Chance
to recognize the true God , the God of the WHOLE mankind ( the mankind
is child of the true God ) . That is the WORST ! ! !
Jesus commandments are WRONG as commandments !
No human being can fulfil them ! START THINKING !
But they are correct as our final aim - this was a BIG FAULT from Jesus .
And he made more - he was an erring human being ( very "good" ) , but
nothing else ! ALL RELIGIONS ARE MOSTLY FALSE - manmade !