neologist

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:47 am
@Amoh5,
To whom did Jesus pray?
Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:24 am
@Leadfoot,
Sorry Leadfoot my apologies, I had just finished work, tired and hungry, and tried to reply to Smileyrius's post during my meal time, when I finished my reply to relax and eat I see your post pop up there. I thought dam it I'm hungry, I'll do it later, makes me feel like I'm still at work rushing around like a headless chicken? ------------------------------------------------------------I'm ok now, had my meal and sitting down relaxing. Lord Jesus is the only human being and lifeform who learnt the true spirit or psychology of God. His coming and birth was also expected by the prophets. His initial learning of God's spirit was little and was maturing. Therefore, he was a spiritual son of God still maturing until his final test. I think the ultimate test for any teacher of God would be "Are you scared?" "Of pain?" "Of death?" which he honourably faced, still maintaining his love for God and humanity like an honourable Father would. He had a chance to change his mind and runaway etc etc, but he didn't because he does love all humanity, no matter how lawless and ugly we can get. You'd think he'd have held a ruthless grudge against his offenders, but he didn't. I think he truely is the Father of all humanity. Amazing character.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:35 am
@neologist,
Like I said to Leadfoot, to God the Father. Lord Jesus was still spiritually maturing until his last test to prove his love for God and humanity. If you were testing a parent's love towards their child, what do you think would be the ultimate test for that parent?
FBM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:40 am
Angels dancing on the heads of pins. All claim, no evidence. Meh.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:54 am
Still waiting for magical signs? Thou shalt not tempt the lord your God.
FBM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:58 am
@Amoh5,
Mundane evidence would do the trick. Magical stories, not so much.
Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:32 am
@FBM,
Can't get anymore mundane than A2k I would think? I'm going to get some REM. You have a good day FBM and happy discussion hunting
neologist

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:56 am
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:
Like I said to Leadfoot, to God the Father. Lord Jesus was still spiritually maturing until his last test to prove his love for God and humanity. If you were testing a parent's love towards their child, what do you think would be the ultimate test for that parent?
You realize, of course, that Jesus, as "the firstborn of all creation" (Colossians 1:15) would be the most spiritually mature of all creation, yet still not equal to his creator.

Can you not see the dissonance between your concept and truth?
Who, resurrected Jesus, then? Himself? Then how could he have died?
Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 05:17 pm
@neologist,
I'm a Christian but not a bible literalist, more a bible moralist. Therefore, I think the resurrection of our Lord was spiritual, not a physical one. For me I think he is now fully one or matured with God the Father, since his ultimate test of love for God and humanity has been victorious. What an awesome saviour and Father we have!
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 05:22 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

Can't get anymore mundane than A2k I would think? I'm going to get some REM. You have a good day FBM and happy discussion hunting

A2K is evidence?

Sweet dreams. I'm just waking up here. First pot of coffee in progress.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/wake.gif
Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 05:51 pm
@FBM,
The battle of life dawns and awaits you again. You have good day FBM and happy discussion hunting
FBM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:17 pm
@Amoh5,
Gracias. I'm sure I can find one where people are doing something other than comparing invisible friends. Wink
Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:42 pm
@FBM,
I think in your case an invisible friend would be better than no friend? Hehehe, I'm sorry my friend, I just couldn't resist the humorous temptation
FBM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:05 pm
@Amoh5,
That's the nature of living a fantasy, I suppose.
Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:26 pm
@FBM,
For me FBM, Christianity is merely a morality reference of humanitarian values from Lord Jesus. I'm not a bible literalist, or believe all the mythical connotations surrounding Lord Jesus. I've been through too many hard times to be convinced of any magical stories or ideas. For me the only real magic is good health, hard work and thinking positive. Christianity or Lord Jesus helps me think positve to get on with life. If we lose our sense of value towards human life and ourselves, its only self-distruction etc etc. Before I became a Christian I was just a negative thinking time bomb. I'd hate to go back there again, so sad, morbid and depressing. We are social beings, positive and well social morality is paramount for our survival. I'm no rocket scientist but I know this is an undeniable fact. I don't deny it anyway. The only issue with Christianity is defence, I don't believe in defencelessness it doesn't make sense to me especially if you have children
FBM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:37 pm
@Amoh5,
As long as you're not pushing the harmful side-effects of faith, knock yerself out. I treat my students and other people around me morally and with compassion and generosity just as well without that faith as I did when I had it. In some ways more so. But if you need it in order to be a good person, it's no skin off my teeth.

When I say critical things about faith, it's not a personal attack just for having faith. I resist people spreading their faith because of all the harmful side-effects, like denying children proper medical care, discrimination and oppression of racial and gender minorities, violence against those of other faiths or with no faith, science denialism, teaching children to be satisfied with ignorance, etc etc.
Amoh5

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:08 pm
@FBM,
I totally agree with you. Like I've often said you don't have to be a Christian to be a good decent human being. And I sympathise with your awareness of so-called Christians going around condemning people like silly heads. I don't understand them myself, their eyes look like they are in a trance of extreme fantasy or something like that. Like I agree, if our ideologies on life makes us good people and we're not offending other people, then there is hope for our specie
FBM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 11:02 pm
@Amoh5,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/tiphat_1.gif
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 03:51 am
@Amoh5,
I think some Theists of various denominations make pronouncements of hellfire and brimstone merely as a vehicle for the hatred within. Of course the bible says that even if you keep every part of the law, but you do not have love (agape) then you are deemed good for nothing (1 Corinthians 13:2)
You and I will not see eye to eye on everything, but I appreciate having a positive Christian counterpart here on the forum my friend. Stay positive chap.
Amoh5

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 06:07 am
@Smileyrius,
Hi again my Christian brother. Good to see you are well and happy. I'm not a bible literalist, just a bible moralist. I only like reading the gospels of Lord Jesus, he's my only teacher. I don't really like taking much notice of other readings in the bible because I think there is only one teacher Lord Jesus. For me he is the only way to God the Father and telling us how we should think and behave as human beings. He's the greatest teacher that I have ever known in my life. He taught me how to value human life, before I became a Christian I was a negative thinking time bomb. Now I realize how it is to think and behave like a real human being. Praise God Heavenly Father Lord Jesus Christ! Awesome character!
0 Replies