neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:16 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
. . . . When I received the Holy Spirit in my soul, Jesus took all of these ungodly desires from me. . . .
Then why was Paul motivated to write this?
Quote:
. . . .but I buffet my body, and bring it into bondage: lest by any means, after that I have preached to others, I myself should be rejected. (1 Corinthians 9:27 American Standard Version)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:24 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Too much stuff. Especially when you start with a non sequitur.
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Please see the scripture below--see my comments below each verse in parenthesis:

John 14:7
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

(No man has seen the Father at any time John 1:18--but if you saw Jesus you have seen the Father because the Father is the Eternal Spirit--flesh cannot see Spirit but flesh can see the body of Jesus Christ) . . .
Quote:
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. (Colossians 1:1)
This pretty much explains how, if we know Jesus, we know his father. It also explains how Jesus is the creator, having used God's spirit to accomplish the works of his father.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:32 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said about the power of God in people: So...how do you know you are not deluding yourself?

Christianity WORKS mate, just like it says on the box, it's a concept that atheists and nonchristians can't or won't understand.
It's a POWER thing..Smile

"Our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with POWER.."-1 Thess 1:5

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER"- 2 Tim 1:7

"I am full of POWER, judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord"- Micah 3:8

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world...they have divine POWER to demolish strongholds"- 2 Cor 10:4

"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty POWER" (Ephesians 6:10)

"After Jesus spent the night in prayer,everybody tried to touch him because POWER was coming from him"- (Luke 6:12-19)

"And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed" (Mark 6:56)

"As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her.
She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
“Who touched me?” Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.”
But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”
Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.” (Luke ch 8)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus_touch_zpsec845756.jpg~original

And we too can "touch" Jesus by logging onto him to get a 'power download', just mumbling a few words now and again will get us connected, even if it's just "Jesus remember me", whenever we're feeling tired, lonely, fed up..
worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:10 am
@neologist,
Then why do not believe that Jesus is God?

It is pretty obvious that Colossians 1: 1 let's us know plainly that Jesus is the image of the invisible God. JHVH took on the form of a man so we could see Him ---Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God. They are not two --HE IS ONE! Your body is the visible image of your soul. How hard is that to figure out?

All things were created by Him (JESUS) both in the heavens and on the earth --keep in mind Genesis 1:1 says that GOD created the heavens and the earth. If you tell me that Jesus is not God then how did He create the heavens and the earth? You have stated several times that the worlds were created through Jesus --this is true --if Jesus is not God then Genesis 1: 1 is a lie.

How can you not plainly see that Jesus is GOD? Why do you insist on making God two persons? You even said that you all baptize in the name of the father, son, and the holy ghost, which makes no sense what so ever if you don't believe that the holy spirit is part of the trinity.

I have told you once and I will tell you again, I DON'T accept the Trinitarian doctrine but you do if you baptize in the titles. --If you don't baptize then you are not fulfilling the Great Commission.

The early church not only baptized in the NAME of JESUS but they all received the Holy Ghost as well. Why do the JWs not obey the WORD of GOD? Why do you not believe in the only way of salvation? It is all in the Book of Acts. Read it. Any casual observer can tell that according to the historical account of the Book of Acts, the early church baptized in the Name of Jesus and received the Holy Ghost speaking in other tongues as God gave the utterance. How is it that you all disregard this part of the Bible totally?

There is only ONE name in the Godhead and that is JESUS--He is the fulfillment of the law and the name of JHVH revealed. JHVH is our salvation.

The Jews would not even utter His name for fear of death. The name Jehovah that you (and the JWs) use as God's name came from the name that God gave Moses --that "I AM" sent you. Jesus said Himself, before Abraham was, "I AM." John 8:48 Jesus claimed to be God and HIS NAME IS JESUS.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said about the power of God in people: So...how do you know you are not deluding yourself?

Christianity WORKS mate, just like it says on the box, it's a concept that atheists and nonchristians can't or won't understand.
It's a POWER thing..Smile

"Our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with POWER.."-1 Thess 1:5

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER"- 2 Tim 1:7

"I am full of POWER, judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord"- Micah 3:8

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world...they have divine POWER to demolish strongholds"- 2 Cor 10:4

"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty POWER" (Ephesians 6:10)

"After Jesus spent the night in prayer,everybody tried to touch him because POWER was coming from him"- (Luke 6:12-19)

"And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed" (Mark 6:56)

"As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her.
She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
“Who touched me?” Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.”
But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”
Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.” (Luke ch 8)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus_touch_zpsec845756.jpg~original

And we too can "touch" Jesus by logging onto him to get a 'power download', just mumbling a few words now and again will get us connected, even if it's just "Jesus remember me", whenever we're feeling tired, lonely, fed up..

How do you know you are not deluding yourself to think that any of those Biblical quotations which you constantly spout...have any validity other than mythological value?

Hint for you also, Romeo: You cannot!

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:52 am
@worldtraveler24,
Next thing you'll tell me is that image of me I see in the mirror is actually me.
worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:07 pm
@neologist,
it is...believe it or not! It is simpler than you make it to be!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:26 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

it is...believe it or not! It is simpler than you make it to be!

It isn't, WT.

Think about it!
worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It is to the rational believing mind!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:34 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

It is to the rational believing mind!

It shouldn't be to anyone with a mind...rational, "believing" or not!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
THINK ABOUT IT!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:04 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa asked: How do you know you are not deluding yourself to think that any of those Biblical quotations which you constantly spout...have any validity other than mythological value?

Jesus was seen strutting his stuff by the entire 5 million population of Israel plus the Roman garrison, who do you think they saw riding into Jerusalem, the Lone Ranger?
"Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, as it is written: see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey’s colt” (John 12:14/15)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-donkey_zps0807ed4f.jpg~original
worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I have already thought about it and my conclusion is that indeed it is a simple concept!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:41 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa asked: How do you know you are not deluding yourself to think that any of those Biblical quotations which you constantly spout...have any validity other than mythological value?

Jesus was seen strutting his stuff by the entire 5 million population of Israel plus the Roman garrison, who do you think they saw riding into Jerusalem, the Lone Ranger?
"Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, as it is written: see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey’s colt” (John 12:14/15)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-donkey_zps0807ed4f.jpg~original

You have no idea of how many people saw Jesus...if anyone did. There may have been no Jesus. It is all guesswork.

You may be deluding yourself...and considering some of your posts, it seems more an more likely that is the case.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:43 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

I have already thought about it and my conclusion is that indeed it is a simple concept!

Well...either you haven't thought about it...or you are incapable of thinking clearly about it.

You image in a mirror is not you...it is an image of you. A picture of you is not you...it is a picture of you.

Actually think about it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:55 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You have no idea of how many people saw Jesus...if anyone did. There may have been no Jesus. It is all guesswork.
You may be deluding yourself...and considering some of your posts, it seems more an more likely that is the case.

You think 5 million eyewitnesses made it up?
Your open-mindedness is commendable mate, but don't let it border on paranoia or you'll be telling us next that Elvis never existed..Smile

WIKI- "Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterized by a pervasive and long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You have no idea of how many people saw Jesus...if anyone did. There may have been no Jesus. It is all guesswork.

You think 5 million eyewitnesses made it up?

Other than the people mentioned in the Bible...name 15 of the 5 million!

Quote:
Your open-mindedness is commendable mate, but don't let it border on paranoia or you'll be telling us next that Elvis never existed..Smile

No paranoia, Romeo. I have no idea if Jesus (as a single individual) existed...AND NEITHER DO YOU.
0 Replies

TheScionOfYourMother

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:10 pm
http://s27.postimg.org/7nzve5p9v/Jesus_Christ_On_AHot_Dog.png

JESUS IS GOD. END OF CONVERSATION!
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But what is even more absurd Frank is that your image is not a SECOND person as Neo and the other boys say !
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:55 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: No paranoia, Romeo. I have no idea if Jesus (as a single individual) existed...AND NEITHER DO YOU.

I never saw Elvis either, but I'm quite prepared to accept the word of all the eyewitnesses who saw him!
Heck, he was almost as big as Jesus, there are startling similarities..Smile

"After Jesus spent the night in prayer,everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/elvis-stage_zpsdbf8f1c6.jpg~original