neologist

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 07:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
To Neologist: Sorry mate I won't dance to your abstract hypothetical JW guesswork, have you been taking "round and round the mulberry bush" dancing lessons?
But if you want to play that silly game let me ask you this:-
if you and me bumped into each other in an afterlife would you continue calling me-
"Ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist , liar, self-deluded"?..
In the resurrection? No! I would welcome you with open arms. No question about it. And I would certainly say either that I had been grievously mistaken, or you had made a remarkable change.

Now, getting back to your father. I'm concerned. You don't seem willing to face the prospect of living in harmony with him. you would not be the only one faced with the dilemma, you know. Imagine the meeting between Paul and Stephen. Or between David and Uriah.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 08:31 pm
Neologist mate, your JW beliefs are on another planet as far as I'm concerned and I'm not the least bit interested in discussing them with you or anybody else who slanders me with nasty names like "Ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist , liar, self-deluded"
Paul said- "You must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler." (1 Cor 5:11-13)

so your best bet is to try talking to the Klingons or Romulans..Smile
neologist

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 11:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You are afraid to address my question about your father because the answer might cause you to admit you slandered your father and owe him apology.

You slander God by asserting he would submit his creations to infinite punishment for finite sin.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 12:29 pm
Quote:
Romeo quoted: "As Jesus approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, "the days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side.
They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you." - (Luke 19:41)

WorldTraveller replied: You are right Romeo--this happened in 70 AD.

But if the Jews are under God's protection as you claim, why did he let it happen?
(Anyway it might not refer to 70 AD but has yet to be fulfilled when muslims get their hands on nuclear weapons and wipe out Israel)
Enaj

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It was actually the Romans that killed him...
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
How do you feel about Romans being there? being it was Romans that killed Jesus.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:41 pm
Quote:
Enaj said: How do you feel about Romans being there? being it is was Romans that killed Jesus.

At his trial, Pilate found Jesus not guilty, but then the snooty Jewish priests talked him into executing him-

"Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jewish leaders kept shouting, “If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar.”
Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified, so the soldiers took charge of Jesus. " (John 19: 12-16)

So basically Pilate ordered the execution to cover himself with his big bosses in Rome, it went something like this-
PILATE - "I find Jesus not guilty"
PRIESTS - "Whoa bub, he said he was a King so that makes him guilty of treason against your Caesar who's the only true king. If you let a traitor off it'll look bad on your military record and you'll end up sweeping out the latrines in the Colosseum"..
PILATE - "Hmm yes, okay I'd better sign the death warrant to cover my ass"
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Technically anybody born in ancient Israel was a Jew, but the word came to be applied mostly to only the snooty priestly classes-

Those that were born in ancient Israel were called Israelites. Jews were those descended from Judah.
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
why did he let it happen?

Because man was created with free will, to think and do what he chooses. Sometimes he chooses wrongly. God didn't want puppets.
MWal

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:42 am
God brings salvation, Jesus dies in his myth. Idk if he is God but he lacks a god trait.
MWal

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:43 am
@Enaj,
Free will is for choosing between rice or milk, not good or evil. Evil has no free will.
worldtraveler24

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:31 pm
@MWal,
He raised the dead and healed the sick--what more need He do for you ? He walked on water, he cast out devils...
MWal

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:47 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Too bad he died.
Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:54 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

He raised the dead and healed the sick--what more need He do for you ? He walked on water, he cast out devils...

Of course there is no evidence of any of this. Dream on!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:15 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:
Too bad he died.
Had he not given his life, we would all be lost.
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:19 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:
Free will is for choosing between rice or milk, not good or evil. Evil has no free will.
Our entire legal system is based on free will.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:55 pm
@neologist,
Then perfection is dead and God is bunk, even if there use to be one. Period.
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 07:01 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:
Then perfection is dead and God is bunk, even if there use to be one. Period.
It would be most interesting to review the logical steps you took to reach that conclusion.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:20 am
Quote:
WorldTraveller said: He raised the dead and healed the sick--what more need He do for you ? He walked on water, he cast out devils...
Advocate said: Of course there is no evidence of any of this. Dream on!

Well who did all those eyewitnesses see, David Blaine?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:59 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
WorldTraveller said: He raised the dead and healed the sick--what more need He do for you ? He walked on water, he cast out devils...
Advocate said: Of course there is no evidence of any of this. Dream on!

Well who did all those eyewitnesses see, David Blaine?

You are assuming there were eyewitnesses...because some people said they were eyewitnesses.

It is estimated that 500,000+ New Yorkers claim to have been at Yankee Stadium when Don Larsen pitched a perfect game against the Dodgers. That is almost 10 times what the stadium holds.

And as any cop can tell you, eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable.
0 Replies