Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 12:54 pm
Quote:
Worldtraveller said: God's covenants are not broken. He will be true an faithful to Israel until the end.

Hmm, I have trouble with that, because Jews reject Jesus, and Jesus said-
"Whoever rejects me rejects God" (Luke 10:16)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:35 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
God's covenants are not broken. He will be true an faithful to Israel until the end...
Read Daniel 9:22. The Jewish covenant expired with the baptism of Cornelius. God now deals with spiritual Israel, the Jews of the New Covenant.

That's why we have a New Covenant.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Do you honestly believe there is any eventuality, terrestrial or celestial, that would be impossible for God to overcome and force him to abandon his purpose?
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 08:24 am
@neologist,
Zechariah 14:4:
Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle. 4In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south. 5You will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD, my God, will come, and all the holy ones with Him!…

Zechariah 14:16:
16Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 17And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.…
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 10:22 am
As I've said before, I've never met a Jew I didn't like, they're mostly warm friendly people and I regularly vote Jerry Lewis's 'The Nutty Professor' as funniest film of all time in polls.
Sure, the Jews may have been God's blue-eyed boys and gals in ancient Old T times, but then they went and spoilt themselves by killing his son, bad call..
Jesus said:- "Whoever rejects me rejects God" (Luke 10:16)

"As Jesus approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, "the days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side.
They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you." - (Luke 19:41)
worldtraveler24

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 10:36 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You are right Romeo--this happened in 70 AD.
worldtraveler24

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 10:39 am
@worldtraveler24,
God will turn back to Israel --He will not break His promise!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 10:44 am
Some Jews accept Jesus, so if they go to heaven that's fine by me, but if there are also going to be Jesus-rejecting Jews there, it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood", and I wouldn't want to go..Wink
neologist

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 01:58 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Are these speaking of the literal Jerusalem or the Jerusalem of the New Covenant.?
worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 10:42 am
@neologist,
Literal Jerusalem. Earthly Jerusalem. The Jews are GODs earthly people: the Church is God's spiritual people.

The New Jerusalem is Heaven--the city John saw.
neologist

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 11:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Some Jews accept Jesus, so if they go to heaven that's fine by me, but if there are also going to be Jesus-rejecting Jews there, it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood", and I wouldn't want to go..Wink
Does that mean you would not wish to go to heaven if there were people there of whom you did not approve? Wouldn't God's opinion matter?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 11:55 am
@worldtraveler24,
So you do not believe the covenant was taken from the Jews?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 12:48 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: Some Jews accept Jesus, so if they go to heaven that's fine by me, but if there are also going to be Jesus-rejecting Jews there, it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood", and I wouldn't want to go..
Neologist said: Does that mean you would not wish to go to heaven if there were people there of whom you did not approve? Wouldn't God's opinion matter?

God's "opinion" is that he won't let ANY Jesus-rejecters into heaven, whether they're Jews, nonchristians, atheists, agnostics etc, so I trust his judgement completely..Smile

"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Heb 10:29-31)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/fury.gif
worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 01:06 pm
@neologist,
No, not at all! Why do you think there will be 7 years of Jacob's trouble on the earth? To prove the Jews one last time. Then Jesus Himself will descend from heaven and will destroy all of Israel's enemies...and will set up His kingdom on this earth for 1,000 years. Remember that Jesus was a JEW!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 05:04 pm
Technically anybody born in ancient Israel was a Jew, but the word came to be applied mostly to only the snooty priestly classes-
"Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him" (John 18:12)
neologist

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 05:38 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Goggling "7 years of Jacob's trouble" gets me to Jeremiah 30:7, a prophecy foretelling Israel's release from their captivity in Babylon. It doesn't mention a time period. (Which turned out to be 70 years, BTW) Another Google result features Daniel's prophecy of the 70 weeks, but fails to correctly understand the end of the "covenant of the many" (Daniel 9:27)
Quote:
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (Matthew 21:43)
See also the account of the fig tree in Mark 11:12-25

This is not to say that natural Jews are in any way prevented from obeying Revelation 18:4 and escaping the destruction that will come on false religion.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 05:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You still have not addressed the questions posed about your relationship with your father. Will both of you be in heaven? Yes or No.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 05:56 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: You still have not addressed the questions posed about your relationship with your father. Will both of you be in heaven? Yes or No.

Like i've told you before mate, I DON'T KNOW!
In fact NOBODY KNOWS whether they or anybody else is going to qualify for heaven. Even the great Paul said-
"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)
neologist

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 06:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well, then, Romeo, please answer the question in the hypothetical. There are only a few possibilities I can imagine from your perspective. But let us assume you both end up in heaven.

Please answer the question from that point of view.

Because, I can assure you that neither of you will end up in the hell you have described.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 06:41 pm
To Neologist: Sorry mate I won't dance to your abstract hypothetical JW guesswork, have you been taking "round and round the mulberry bush" dancing lessons?
But if you want to play that silly game let me ask you this:-
if you and me bumped into each other in an afterlife would you continue calling me-
"Ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist , liar, self-deluded"?..