InfraBlue

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 11:53 am
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

Quote:
"All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)

All those that believe in a fiery hell of torment should consider this verse above where Jesus said "All in the graves....." all dead are in their grave, not a fiery hell of suffering and torment. Hel means to cover over such as helmet.

All dead ones are in the graves.
Also, no family, friends, priest, ministers, or church members have ever at a funeral declared that the deceased went to or is going to hell.

Romeo, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out what is obvious in the verse you posted.

Paul has some rather conflicting things to say about "hell," on the other hand.

Hel, the Old English word that the Modern English word "hell" is based on, is the place where people go when they die according to Norse mythology. Your definition is actually from a linguistic reconstruction of a theoretical root for the word Hel. The English translators who used the word "hell" to translate the various words in the Bible like Sheol, Ge Hinom, Ennom, Hades, Gehenna, and Tartaro certainly were using its meaning related to Hel and not its modern theoretical root meaning that you're suggesting.
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 12:18 pm
@neologist,
God's covenants are not broken. He will be true an faithful to Israel until the end.

There are 7 years of Jacob's trouble coming upon this earth--after those 7 years Jesus will return with 10,000s of His saints to set up His earthly Kingdom on this Earth. He will set it up in Jerusalem and the Jews will be in charge of the hosting of all nations when they come annually to WORSHIP THE ONLY AND ONLY GOD: JESUS! The Church is Jesus's bride Israel is His chosen people. The Book of Revelation clearly states that Jesus will return and put His foot on the Mount of Olives and it will split asunder--then He will destroy all of Israel's enemies that have wages war with them. It is there--just read it!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 12:55 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: All bible translations "mess" with the comma, since it does not appear in the original Greek text. Where it is placed becomes a matter of belief. If you believe Jesus ascended to heaven on the same day he was executed, let me know how that could be true.

But no matter where the comma is placed, and even if we leave out the word "today" Jesus still said to the crook on the cross next to him-
"You'll be with me in Paradise", regardless of whether it was "today" or later..Smile
So where exactly is this 'Paradise'?
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:24 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
So where exactly is this 'Paradise'?
I suppose you forgot to check this but the Hebrew words we know as 'garden of eden' transliterates as 'paradise of pleasure'

So I guess Jesus was speaking of a place where your feet could touch dirt.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:30 pm
Quote:
Romeo asked: So where exactly is this 'Paradise'?
Neologist replied: I suppose you forgot to check this but the Hebrew words we know as 'garden of eden' transliterate as 'paradise of pleasure'
So I guess Jesus was speaking of a place where your feet could touch dirt.

Do angels have feet?-
Jesus said- "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven" (Matt 22:30)

Paul said- "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)
Enaj

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ok, it is spelled Foxhole. Just a typo.

Quote:
But you would do well to start calling your blind gusses...blind guesses.

Gusses??? Laughing

Hey all! we are just giving blind gusses.

Your are becoming very repetitious. We've heard it all numerous times all ready. Very Happy
Enaj

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:50 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
WORSHIP THE ONLY AND ONLY GOD: JESUS!

Have you ever heard of Yahweh? He is the only God.

New American Standard Bible John 17:3
"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (the only true God) have sent.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 03:19 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

Ok, it is spelled Foxhole. Just a typo.

Quote:
But you would do well to start calling your blind gusses...blind guesses.

Gusses??? Laughing

Hey all! we are just giving blind gusses.

Your are becoming very repetitious. We've heard it all numerous times all ready. Very Happy

You asked me about it. If you are tired of it...talk to someone else.

In the meantime, I agree...we all do make guesses.

But my question holds: Why not call your guesses...guesses?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 04:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
There are 2 groups. You keep forgetting those mentioned in John 10:16.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 10:35 am
Quote:
Neologist said to me: There are 2 groups. You keep forgetting those mentioned in John 10:16.

I know Jesus said- "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd" (John 10:16)

but what's that got to do with this thread?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 10:45 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: But you would do well to start calling your blind gusses...blind guesses.
Enaj replied: Your are becoming very repetitious. We've heard it all numerous times

Poor Frankie, he's been stuck in that sand trap for ages swinging blindly to try to get out, but it ain't never gonna happen because he's looking in the Atheist/Agnostic 'bible' for help but all the pages are blank!

At least he's fulfilling a prophecy in the REAL Bible..Smile
Jesus said- "And everyone that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand" (Matt 7:26)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/bunker-shot_zps34afba38.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 12:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . .but what's that got to do with this thread?
It serves merely to underscore your failure to realize God's purpose to fill the earth as he told Adam and Eve.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 12:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Poor Frankie, he's been stuck in that sand trap for ages swinging blindly to try to get out

Now look at what people you are. Instead of providing him with some synonyms for 'blind guess' to enrich his misunderstanding of the world, you are commenting the number of blank pages ... unfortunately not only in his 'bible'.
The synonyms: double blind guess; triple blind guess; vision amnesia; blind claim as an ultrasound, etc.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 02:01 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: It serves merely to underscore your failure to realize God's purpose to fill the earth as he told Adam and Eve.

We KNOW that already mate because Isaiah said it long before you did..Smile
"God formed the Earth to be inhabited" (Isaiah 45:18 )
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 02:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
We KNOW that already mate because Isaiah said it long before you did..Smile
"God formed the Earth to be inhabited" (Isaiah 45:18 )
Then why do you insist the only hope for mankind is heaven?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 02:12 pm
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Poor Frankie, he's been stuck in that sand trap for ages swinging blindly to try to get out

Now look at what people you are. Instead of providing him with some synonyms for 'blind guess' to enrich his misunderstanding of the world, you are commenting the number of blank pages ... unfortunately not only in his 'bible'.
The synonyms: double blind guess; triple blind guess; vision amnesia; blind claim as an ultrasound, etc.

No "misunderstanding" on my part, Herald.

You assert there is a GOD.

Sounds to me like a blind guess.

If it isn't...show me how you KNOW something like that.

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 02:13 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
God's covenants are not broken. He will be true an faithful to Israel until the end.

There are 7 years of Jacob's trouble coming upon this earth--after those 7 years Jesus will return with 10,000s of His saints to set up His earthly Kingdom on this Earth. He will set it up in Jerusalem and the Jews will be in charge of the hosting of all nations when they come annually to WORSHIP THE ONLY AND ONLY GOD: JESUS! The Church is Jesus's bride Israel is His chosen people. The Book of Revelation clearly states that Jesus will return and put His foot on the Mount of Olives and it will split asunder--then He will destroy all of Israel's enemies that have wages war with them. It is there--just read it!
If you wish me to read it, please cite it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 06:05 pm
Quote:
Romeo quoted: "God formed the Earth to be inhabited" (Isaiah 45:18 )
Neologist replied: Then why do you insist the only hope for mankind is heaven?

Because the Earth and the whole material universe is one day going up the spout, you can stay if you like but include me out-
"The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter:10-13)

That "new heavens and new earth" may be a beautiful Garden of Eden, or it might be a purely non-material spiritual realm, it doesn't matter either way because whatever form it takes it'll be what Jesus called 'Paradise', sounds good to me..Smile
Herald

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 12:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

So, if you think that when you write something in boldface it is vaccinated against misunderstanding of the world, think again.

Frank Apisa wrote:

I haven't said exactly this ... but as you say so (to use 'the jelous belief-in-God argument' against non-atheists) ... when arguments fail you.

Frank Apisa wrote:

Why don't you stop torturing us with your 'blind guess' and make some interpretation of it.
The guess has no vision, so in the literal sense it is always blind.
By definition 'to guess' means: to make a statement or prediction without sufficient information or knowledge, usually with missing causality.
If you miss the causality by definition, the guess should be 'blind' by definition as well. Using tautology 'blind blind process' makes no sense ... let alone some kind of argumentation.
How can you prove that your assessment is not 'blind assessment'?

Frank Apisa wrote:

I will answer to this when you stop writing in boldface and capitals (trying to assign by such 'fireworks' some extra logic to statements with shaking semantics ... and faded out argumentation).
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:39 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

So, if you think that when you write something in boldface it is vaccinated against misunderstanding of the world, think again.

Frank Apisa wrote:

I haven't said exactly this ... but as you say so (to use 'the jelous belief-in-God argument' against non-atheists) ... when arguments fail you.

Frank Apisa wrote:

Why don't you stop torturing us with your 'blind guess' and make some interpretation of it.
The guess has no vision, so in the literal sense it is always blind.
By definition 'to guess' means: to make a statement or prediction without sufficient information or knowledge, usually with missing causality.
If you miss the causality by definition, the guess should be 'blind' by definition as well. Using tautology 'blind blind process' makes no sense ... let alone some kind of argumentation.
How can you prove that your assessment is not 'blind assessment'?

Frank Apisa wrote:

I will answer to this when you stop writing in boldface and capitals (trying to assign by such 'fireworks' some extra logic to statements with shaking semantics ... and faded out argumentation).

Let me know when you grow the balls to answer without regard to whether I use boldface or not. The we can get back to this.

I hope by that time...the new growth will enable you to acknowledge that what you are asserting...is nothing but a blind guess.
0 Replies