Well, Frank.
He figger'd out Romeo in a hurry.
Gotta give'm credit fer that.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:09 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

only one doctrine--that is the WORD of GOD

Your guesses about what is or is not the WORD of GOD.

Your guesses about whether or not a GOD actually exists.

Wake up.

If you want to present guesses...fine.

If you want to present your blind guesses as fact...it is going to be challenged...and probably laughed at.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:10 pm
@Joe Sixpack,
Joe Sixpack wrote:

Well, Frank.
He figger'd out Romeo in a hurry.
Gotta give'm credit fer that.

I give him lots of credit...on that score and others, Joe.

But the guy is insistent that his guesses about REALITY are going to rule the day here...

...and that simply is not going to happen.
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Laugh all you want~!

Tell me what is God's word if it is not the Bible? What is the final authority on anything?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:20 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Laugh all you want~!

Thank you, but I do not need your permission to do that.

And I am laughing a lot.

Quote:
Tell me what is God's word if it is not the Bible?

Beats me. I do not even know if there is a GOD...and if there is, whether the GOD wants "ITS WORD" known.

You have made a guess that there exists a GOD...and that the Bible tells us about the nature of that GOD...what IT wants of humans...what pleases it and offends it.

Unfortunately, the god of the Bible is a pathetic cartoon god...jealous, vindictive, tyrannical, murderous, barbaric and PETTY .

Pretend to love it if you want...but the picture that keeps coming to my mind when you people say you love this god...

...is of the people in the streets of Baghdad before the fall of Saddam Hussein. They were all screaming about how much they LOVED Saddam.

Then Saddam was out of power...and all those same people were hitting pictures of him with their shoes.

Terror and fear are horrifying things, WT. Saddam scared the hell out of them...and the boogeyman god of the Bible scares you.

Try to get a grip.

Quote:
What is the final authority on anything?

I do not know. I do not know. I do not know.

Why don't you try that answer out for size, WT...instead of making absurd guesses?
0 Replies

Joe Sixpack

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Why do you continue posting the same irrelevant images over and over?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:49 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: I am laughing a lot.

More like forced laughter I should think..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/laughing-mask-.gif

Remember, only Christians die laughing..Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:42 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: I am laughing a lot.

More like forced laughter I should think..Wink

Indeed, you should think, Romeo.

I wonder why you don't...and suspect most of us here in the forum wonder why you don't.

Quote:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/laughing-mask-.gif

Remember, only Christians die laughing..Wink

Christians are the ones who die praying not to die.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 08:40 am
@worldtraveler24,
The Bible was written by men, what went into the Bible was also decided by men. The Council of Nicea was set up by the Roman emperor Constantine to decide what would be in the handbook for the latest state religion. What's important was what was left out, particularly those gospels by people who actually claimed to know Jesus, notably Timothy and Mary Magdalen. Leviticus was included, and nowadays most Christians actually ignore it unless they're looking for quotations to condemn homosexuals.

The Koran has a far greater claim to divinity. It was supposedly written by the illiterate prophet Mohammed, and was dictated by the angel Gabriel. Arabic is a language that has a visual aspect, and the claim is that the Koran is perfect, visually and phonetically, and if just one word is changed that perfection would be thrown out completely. The challenge is that if anyone doubts its divinity they should try to create something as perfect, and so far no one has been able to.

That's the claim, I can say whether it's true or not because I've yet to meet someone who speaks perfect Arabic who isn't a Moslem.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 10:55 am
Christians don't hijack airliners and fly them into buildings..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:04 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Christians are the ones who die praying not to die.

Are you making things up as you go along mate?
The vast majority of Christians shuffle off this mortal coil with a grin on their face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket..Smile
I mean, why on earth would a Christian be afraid to die??
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:49 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Christians are the ones who die praying not to die.

Are you making things up as you go along mate?

No.

I won't ask you that same question...because it is obvious you are.

Quote:
The vast majority of Christians shuffle off this mortal coil with a grin on their face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket..Smile

You have no idea of how a "vast majority" of Christians die. This is one of those times where you are simply making things up as you go along.

Quote:

I mean, why on earth would a Christian be afraid to die??

Because the petty, vindictive god they guess exists...may actually allow them to be tortured for all the rest of eternity because of some silly infraction.
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
]Because the petty, vindictive god they guess exists...may actually allow them to be tortured for all the rest of eternity because of some silly infraction.
Well now, Frank. You know the Bible doesn't support the concept of an immortal soul or infinite punishment for finite sin. Blame the priesthood for that, not the Bible, not God.

Of course, you may continue to take Romeo to task for promoting it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:17 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa claimed: Christians are the ones who die praying not to die.
Romeo asked: Are you making things up as you go along mate?
Frank Apisa came back with: No. I won't ask you that same question...because it is obvious you are.

But mate, Jehovah's Witnesses are happy to let each other die without transfusions, I'm not a JW myself but at least they prove they're not scared to die, and neither are all other Christians..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:32 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Well now, Frank. You know the Bible doesn't support the concept of an immortal soul or infinite punishment for finite sin. Blame the priesthood for that, not the Bible, not God.

I'm not 'promoting' anything mate, I'm simply quoting Bible verses about life after death, so if you don't believe Jesus you can argue it out with him when you meet him..Smile

Jesus said -"Whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)
Jesus said to dying criminal-"Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)
Jesus said- "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven" (Matt 22:30)
"Sleepers in the dust of the earth shall awake,to eternal life or contempt" (Dan 12:2)
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)
"In the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be raised imperishable and we shall be changed" (1 Cor 15:52)

BOIINNGG!!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ack-in-the-boxB.gif~original
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:35 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
]Because the petty, vindictive god they guess exists...may actually allow them to be tortured for all the rest of eternity because of some silly infraction.
Well now, Frank. You know the Bible doesn't support the concept of an immortal soul or infinite punishment for finite sin. Blame the priesthood for that, not the Bible, not God.

Whether it does or doesn't is not the question, Neo...nor is it important to the answer I was giving.

There certainly are CHRISTIAN who think there is a HEaven and a HEll...and that people who sin will be condemned to eternal punishment for doing so.

That is a reasonable reason to be afraid.

C'mon.
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:39 pm
@neologist,
Neo,

Perhaps not; however, there is a place called hell and it is for the wicked.

See the following scriptures. Now as far as how long hell lasts is unknown. It will eventually be cast into the Lake of Fire--This is the second death.

Deu 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

2 Sam 22:6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;

Job 11:8 It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

Job 26:6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.

Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psa 18:5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.

Psa 55:15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in ther dwellings, and among them.

Psa 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Psa 116:3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Prov 5:5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

Prov 7:27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

Prov 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

Prov 15:11 Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the chldren of men?

Prov 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

Prov 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Prov 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Isa 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Isa 57:9 And thou wentest to the king with ointment, and didst increase thy perfumes, and didst send thy messengers far off, and didst debase thyself even unto hell.

Ezek 31:16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Ezek 31:17 They also went down into hell with him unto them that be slain with the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.

Ezek 32:21 The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword.

Ezek 32:27 And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to their hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.

Amos 9:2 Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

Hab 2:5 Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mat 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Mark 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Luke 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

2 Pet 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:50 pm
@worldtraveler24,
You realize, of course, the word translated 'hell' in the Hebrew scriptures is 'sheol' and means, not a place of consciousness, but the common grave of mankind, where, as Solomon wisely noted
Quote:
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. (Proverbs 9:5,6)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:53 pm
@neologist,
Who saves, Jesus or Solomon?
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)