Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 06:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said "Jesus explained everything to us"
Frank Apisa said: Accepting that "Jesus explained everything to us"...is itself a blind guess.
So your, "so there's no 'blind guessing' involved at all"...is illogical...at best.

Not sure I know what you're getting at mate..

There tons that you do not understand, Romeo.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:27 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: There tons that you do not understand, Romeo.

Makes two of us mate..Smile
Frank Apisa said- "On several occasions I have been shown to be wrong...and I acknowledge my mistakes without trying to gloss them over....And when proven wrong...I simply acknowledge that I was wrong"-17 Nov 2013 in 'Morality,Drugs,Existence' thread
Frank Apisa said- "I often am wrong...and I have no problem with acknowledging when I am" -17 Nov 2013 in 'The Half-Life of Facts' thread.
Frank Apisa said- "When I am wrong, I acknowledge that I am wrong"-20 Dec 2013 in "Scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists" thread

But cheer up, I daresay you're a right Rambo on the golf course and could teach us all a thing or two about golf..Smile

"In town you're the law, but on the golf course it's ME!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/out-here-its-meB_zps0854adc8.jpg~original
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:34 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: There tons that you do not understand, Romeo.

Makes two of us mate..Smile
Frank Apisa said- "On several occasions I have been shown to be wrong...and I acknowledge my mistakes without trying to gloss them over....And when proven wrong...I simply acknowledge that I was wrong"-17 Nov 2013 in 'Morality,Drugs,Existence' thread
Frank Apisa said- "I often am wrong...and I have no problem with acknowledging when I am" -17 Nov 2013 in 'The Half-Life of Facts' thread.
Frank Apisa said- "When I am wrong, I acknowledge that I am wrong" 20 Dec 2013 in "Scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists" thread

But cheer up, I daresay you could teach us all a thing or two about golf..Smile
Likewise, I like to think I know a bit about the Bible because that's MY golf course..Smile

I am almost always cheerful, Romeo. I have a great life.

You can blind guess with the best of them.

Too bad you do not have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge you are guessing.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:51 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said:I am almost always cheerful, Romeo. I have a great life.
You can blind guess with the best of them.
Too bad you do not have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge you are guessing.

Guessing about what? I'm absolutely sure you're a whizz at golf, and if I wanted to learn about it I'd hang on your every word..Wink
Likewise when Jesus said-
"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (Matt 13:35)
We'd be mugs not to let him clue us in..Smile
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 11:59 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Is there anyone who can claim and explain how God could have changed his mind about the promise He made to Adam and Eve in Genesis, just because they sinned?

To what promise are you referring?
neologist

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 12:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
Genesis 1:28:
Quote:
Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”
This instruction could not be given without the implied promise of fulfillment.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 01:13 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:
And notice that I said..."If" I were to get to heaven..."

When and how will you get to Heaven ... if you are driving at full speed on the Highway to Hell?
worldtraveler24

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 01:24 pm
@Herald,
There is only one way to heaven--JESUS CHRIST! He is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE; He that believes on HIM although he were dead yet shall he live.
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 04:26 pm
@Herald,
Quote:
Enaj wrote:

And notice that I said..."If" I were to get to heaven..."

Herald said...
When and how will you get to Heaven ... if you are driving at full speed on the Highway to Hell?

Notice I said If? meaning that I do not believe we go to heaven. Very Happy
And so I'm not concerned about how to get to heaven, and who said anything about driving full speed on the highway to hell? Oh it was you. Very Happy Certainly, wasn't me.

0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 04:44 pm
I've often wondered why Atheists bother to discuss God, Christianity, or religion since they do not believe in any of it.
Why discuss something, or someone, such as God, that doesn't exist.
Why argue, or disagree, or take part in discussing what doesn't exist? That is illogical. Very Happy
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 05:18 pm
@Enaj,
It's called "Feeding their demons".
Every time they slag off Christianity, it's food for their demons, which then tighten their grip on them..Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 06:55 pm
"I believe in god"

"I don't believe in god"

"I believe in Hell."

"I don't believe in Hell."

"I believe we go to Heaven."

" I don't believe we go to Heaven."

You people all put so much power into your blind guesses about the unknown.

You'd be doing yourselves a big favor if you called them blind guesses...rather than hiding the fact that they are blind guesses and calling them beliefs.

Just sayin'!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:55 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

I've often wondered why Atheists bother to discuss God, Christianity, or religion since they do not believe in any of it.
Why discuss something, or someone, such as God, that doesn't exist.
Why argue, or disagree, or take part in discussing what doesn't exist? That is illogical. Very Happy

I like talking about Greek Mythology and Star Wars. It doesn't mean I believe it.
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 09:46 am
It all sounds rational and even nice to say that an atheist should not even waste his/her time talking about something in which he/she does not believe. The reality is that every man and women in this world is a living eternal soul that came from GOD. This is the reason why you talk about it--deep inside you hope that you are not right and that there really is a GOD because you need purpose in life--you need hope beyond this life.

It is easy to not believe but it takes faith to believe. Your human nature innately knows that your physical is temporary (we all will die one day- that is sure)--and your soul knows that it is eternal (that is why there is that uneasy feeling in your heart when you tak about GOD). Let's just suppose that you are mistaken about GOD--then can you imagine what will you do after the fact?

I would prefer to believe in something I cannot see and live eternally then reject GOD and simply depend on my own scientific understanding to reconcile my soul with GOD. Then you are the loser eternally.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 09:56 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

It all sounds rational and even nice to say that an atheist should not even waste his/her time talking about something in which he/she does not believe. The reality is that every man and women in this world is a living eternal soul that came from GOD. This is the reason why you talk about it--deep inside you hope that you are not right and that there really is a GOD because you need purpose in life--you need hope beyond this life.

Well, I am not an atheist...but your reasoning here is pathetic, WT.

Your notion that "every man and women in this world is a living eternal soul that came from GOD" is nothing more than a blind guess about the REALITY of existence.

Not sure why you think people who do not agree with your blind guess should not be discussing the subject, but you certainly have not made any kind of case for that notion.

Quote:
It is easy to not believe but it takes faith to believe.

A belief (like a "belief" there is a GOD) is nothing more than a blind guess, WT...and "faith" is simply hard-headed insistence that the blind guess is correct.

Quote:
Your human nature innately knows that your physical is temporary (we all will die one day- that is sure)--and your soul knows that it is eternal (that is why there is that uneasy feeling in your heart when you tak about GOD). Let's just suppose that you are mistaken about GOD--then can you imagine what will you do after the fact?

You certainly are in love with your blind guesses about REALITY. But that dose not make them anything more than blind guesses.

Quote:
I would prefer to believe in something I cannot see and live eternally then reject GOD and simply depend on my own scientific understanding to reconcile my soul with GOD. Then you are the loser eternally.

Yes, you are afraid of the unknown. We understand that.

So do all the guessing you want...and suck up to your gods in whatever way you want. But this forum can be used to better understand your fears...and to learn how to deal with them in a more mature way.
worldtraveler24

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thank you Mr GURU!

I prefer to blindly guess!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:05 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You people all put so much power into your blind guesses about the unknown.

I know absolutely zilch about golf, so this'd be me if I tried my luck on the course, blindly swinging to try to break out of the sand trap, so obviously I'd need a book written by a golf expert to help me get out-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/bunker-shot_zps34afba38.jpg~original

Likewise, we're all trapped on this spinning ball of mud called earth, blindly sailing through space without knowing how we got here or where we're going, but Jesus is the "expert" we need to get out..Smile
"God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Luke 4:18 )

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:08 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
@ Frank Apisa:
Thank you Mr GURU!

Really?

No wonder then:
Quote:
Faith is . . . the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)
I prefer to carefully consider the evidence.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:09 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Thank you Mr GURU!

I can see that.

And you like to offer your blind guesses as facts...which really is where my comments were aimed.

You ought really to get past that, WT.

Best way to start would be by always acknowledging that you are blindly guessing when you are blindly guessing...which in your case, seems to be just about every post.
neologist

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Good morning, Frank. It's still morning here, so I can say that.
I hope all is well with you and yours.
I was just looking at your avatar and noticed a bright beam emanating from your forehead.

It's blinding!

So,I guess that's your brain shining through, eh?

Just guessing.