I Miss It

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:34 am
There was a time I was happy go lucky, optimistic and positive guy. Today I am joyless and consider myself an automaton who works so that I and my family can eat. I miss the happy guy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,240 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:37 am
How old are you?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:39 am
64 going on 110
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
May be due to physical exhaustion. When is the last time you had a vacation? Complete physical?

Don't let this go. You may have a little depression.

Are you near retirement? What "family" do you have to still support at your age? You should be at the end of big financial commitments to the family (kids, house, job)
Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:47 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Trains. The answer (for me at least as I fast approach 63) is trains. They are what helps restore my youthful optimism and happiness.

Toy trains, real trains, train forums, pens designed like trains, checks with trains (choice of diesel or steam), paintings and sketch drawings of trains, youtube videos of trains, sounds of trains.

Sorry you're in this rut; life has been tough and rough on you at times and it takes its toll but you still have a chance to turn it around. Find what in life makes you happy and essentially overdose on that, be it music or art or something else. Once happy the optimism can start seeping back into your system.

Wishing you the best on this, sorry I can't offer you better.
0 Replies

beautifulspring

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:49 am
Have you ever consider this may be burnout? Maybe it's worth doing something new for yourself, take up a new hobby or go on holiday? It is said that what makes you happy are all those little things we usually don't appreciate. If you find this problem rather serious, psychotherapy can be a good solution.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 09:00 am
I just read some of blue's past posts.

There ARE issues you are dealing with. They can be discouraging and drag you down. But you do show a sense of humor in some of your posts.

Rent some Laurel and Hardy or Three Stooges and watch them for an afternoon.

Also, concentrate on what is right with your life, not what is going wrong.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 09:33 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

May be due to physical exhaustion. When is the last time you had a vacation? Complete physical?

Don't let this go. You may have a little depression.

Are you near retirement? What "family" do you have to still support at your age? You should be at the end of big financial commitments to the family (kids, house, job)

Last vacation more than three days....1995. Outside of my handicapped son's small SSI check I'm the only earner in the house
0 Replies