Need help to locate Artist.

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 04:40 am
Dear friends,
I need help to locate an artist who is from Indonesia. He had drawn a piece of oil painting with Lions. 10m(L) x 2m(H) for my friend in 2007. My friend is a Singaporean and we would like to locate him now as the agent who linked us to the artist were uncontactable. The image of the drawing is as my profile picture.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,805 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 10:12 am
What do you mean he "drew" an oil painting??

It's unusual that this original oil painting is not signed.

Look for something in the lower right hand corner.
0 Replies

ronlee80

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 12:24 pm
There is no signature on the front and back of the drawing. I asked a few of my friends to help me see and all confirmed no signature. this drawing was bought by my ex boss through an Indonesian agent, and was given to me as a present.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 01:42 pm
I sign my paintings only with my initials and those initials somewhat blend in with the painting. So I'd look very closely; the artist may not have wanted a big signature on it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 03:04 pm
@ronlee80,
Upload and post a link to a much larger image of the painting. Take pictures of the painting in sections so it can be closely examined. As it is now, I can barely make out that there are animals in the painting, much less see anything that looks like a signature.
0 Replies