The anatomy of daily routine

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 12:24 pm
I don't know about the rest of you guys but my life is 97 percent routine, with around 3 percent unexpected events that cause me to do do things differently, and after the event has been resolved I go back to my usual routine again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,302 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 12:59 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Alert to the media.
I think most of us are in the same boat.
I have a pretty interesting job but I like to say its 99.9% driving an SUV[or sitting in a damn plane] and 0.1% AHA!!
0 Replies

G H

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 11:49 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
...with around 3 percent unexpected events that cause me to do do things differently...

Yep... Those scant intervals where an eel in the path jars us into breaking the surface of reflective awareness, to be dazzled by a shot glass amount of godsight before returning down to our murky automaton-hood.

"Habit means not thinking--not needing to think. Customary procedure is unconsciousness." Orwell, slightly mutilated.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:36 pm
@G H,
Those scant intervals where an eel in the path jars us into breaking the surface of reflective awareness, to be dazzled by a shot glass amount of godsight before returning down to our murky automaton-hood. >>

To me, daily routine is a blessing because it says that all is right with the world.
0 Replies