I got hit on throat when I went surfing this morning and i think it's a larynx injury, what do I do?

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:06 pm
I was caught off guard and the board was in front of me horizontally then a rush of white water came and the edge of my surfboard went up and hit me right on the neck. This happened this morning at around 9 a.m. I got hit directly on the area of my adam's apple and when I got hit, I could still breathe fine but I was just more shocked and the pain was bearable. It hurts to talk or swallow. It's more of a discomfort than pain. Im going to say that the pain out of 10 is at least a 4. The pain doesn't feel anything like a sore throat, it feels more like my neck is physically sore like how your muscles feel when it's sore. When I try to stretch my neck in all directions there is a slight pain. I touch my neck to see where it hurts the most and it's my adam's apple. My voice is still the same, just a little raspy like how it is when you need to clear your throat. I just can't talk really loud or high because it hurts. I don't know if I should go to the ER or just wait it out and take pain killers. I haven't taken any pain killers because I wanted to see if it would get better.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,139 • Replies: 2

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:12 pm
@sarahday44,
You really SHOULD have gone to the emergency room when this happened.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 01:23 am
@sarahday44,
I'll go with Punkey on this one. Hyoid bone, larynx, all stuff you want to keep in good shape if you plan on continued breathing
0 Replies