There's Not the Slightest Thing that Can't Go Sour

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 07:02 am
So Friday I dj a dance and they gave me a large gratuity. Saturday I had the night off and decided to make it a Father/Son day. Stephen and I went out for burgers, shot some pool, then headed to the bowling alley, all the things he likes best. I throw my first ball and the lane is so oiled down that my feet go 4 feet in the air and i come crashing down on my shoulder and neck. Some of you may know I already have back and neck issues. I can't describe the pain, and I can barely move my head and neck. This could be seen and heard all over the bowling alley and not person paid any attention much less asked if I was all right. I'm not the suing type, but I'm hurt and good and pissed off and I've contacted personal injury attorneys.

Sturgis

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 07:12 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I like bowling, I can watch it for hours.

So, did you release the ball from your hand before you went airborne? Was it a strike or a spare? Well, jujitsu how many pins did you knock down?

Sorry about your injury, hope all goes well from here on forward.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:28 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
If they have video, get it ASAP. I'd sue too, however, your previous condition might prove a wee bit of hindrance.. Sorry you got hurt, fingers crossed you feel better soon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:37 pm
I think I would sue, if the place was oiled down, making it dangerous.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:39 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
were you using the bumpers?

if the ball hit the pins, I give you a nine...

be safe out there.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:49 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I clicked this thread 'cause you are always so funny. That's not funny, and I would sue. Nobody dares clean and wax the floors in a bowling alley. Somebody could slide, hurting already hurting places. Hope you feel better.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:36 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Did you file a complaint with management before you left the alley?
Do you have the contact info of witnesses other than your son?
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
why them fuckin bastards. Lemme get my bat.

SUing is a way to insure that, should something crap out in several years, you have some kind of settlement .

They prolly overwaxed or the shoes had some problems.
I saw the same kind of accodent when OI was a kid and my friend busted his upper arm as he landed on it.
Yeh, spend some time getting as much of the stuff the above folks mentioned. I like the security camera hard drive. Usually they cant erase those for about a week on the new systems.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:55 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Did you step over the line and onto the well-oiled portion of the bowling lane where you're not supposed to step? Or were you on the part in front of the line where you're supposed to be, and some wayward grease took you down? I'm not a PI lawyer, but I gotta think you assume some risk in playing sports, including the risk that if you stop on an oiled wooden floor you might slip. The bowling alley is not liable unless they breach a duty of care to you, their patron, perhaps by not properly maintaining the lane. But, as I said, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about here.

I think I saw your incident on youtube:

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 12:24 pm
@Ticomaya,
I was well behind the foul line when I slipped and well past it when I landed. I'm not on the tour but I'm a fairly good bowler and I don't cross the foul line. In addition I approach and release far behind it. No attorney has returned my calls though, which is what I expected.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 12:26 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Tico doesn't realize how seriously folks take their bowling in the South, bear.

he meant no harm, I'm guessing...

(certainly nothing you might want to sue him for)
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 01:15 pm
@Rockhead,
I didn't take it that way. Tico is good people, republican or not. Very Happy Idon't take bowling seriously, i do it for fun, but outside of running track when younger it's the only ahtletic endeavor I have any talent at. Of course, how athletic do you need to be in a sport where most everyone (not me) has a big beer belly and smokes Laughing
0 Replies