Flying Over the Holidays? Here Are Some Packing Hints

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 09:09 pm
The Transportation Security Authority has issued some guidelines on packing for airline passengers:

Link to Article on Packing for Flying

Of the members who have flown recently, what is the situation at the airports? Smooth? Hassles? Any horror stories?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,644 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 09:26 pm
I've flown a few times in the last year and think common sense is your best guide. First off, consider that your bag may be opened more than once for a search, so don't overpack and don't overfill your suitcase. Separate and organize things in see-through zip-lock plastic bags. Wear shoes that are easy to get on and off... just in case you are searched.

I hate having to deal with all my stuff in a carry-on so I always check my luggage and carry-on only a large purse with the few things I need for one night, plus food, water & a book.

If you fly in and out of smaller airports, the hassles are significantly decreased.
0 Replies