34
   

I am a Buddhist and if anyone wants to question my beliefs then they are welcome to do so...

 
 
igm
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Do you have a question about Buddhism? If you do not that’s okay, but is this the topic for you?
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:13 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

Do you have a question about Buddhism? If you do not that’s okay, but is this the topic for you?


No, I do not currently have a question about Buddhism.

Yes, this is a thread that I am interested in participating in. I don't feel that it is reasonable for you to expect to have a one-sided advertisement for Buddhism (or any other religion) without any criticism.

Do we understand each other?
igm
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:22 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

igm wrote:

Do you have a question about Buddhism? If you do not that’s okay, but is this the topic for you?


No, I do not currently have a question about Buddhism.

Yes, this is a thread that I am interested in participating in. I don't feel that it is reasonable for you to expect to have a one-sided advertisement for Buddhism (or any other religion) without any criticism.

Do we understand each other?




I’m beginning to understand you from your words and the way you express them. But I’ll limit my replies to questions about Buddhism. I hope you understand.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:24 pm
@igm,
Sure.

I am fine with that Just respond to any post that interests you and ignore the rest.
0 Replies
 
Glennn
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:28 pm
@igm,
What is Zen Buddhism?
The Anointed
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 08:25 pm
@igm,
Which of the two schools of Buddhism do you belong to igm, the traditional Sthaviravada line, or the more controversial Mahasanghika school?
Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 08:26 pm
@Glennn,
It is the Buddhism where you don't care about Buddhism.... Wink
0 Replies
 
Jasper10
 
  1  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 12:47 am
@Jasper10,
Rather than embracing the split consciousness (dual) consciousness….don’t embrace it..ALWAYS see oneself as separate from it in the still consciousness state….ALWAYS.

If you do embrace it then the four off logic output possibilities will come into play…period.

If one only accepts 0,1..1,0 logic output possibilities then biased half log will always be at play in ones meditation practice.

One should accept 0,0..1,1 logic as well.

Then one will have the complete balanced inputs to base ones meditation on rather than unsubstantiated half logic.



The Anointed
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 02:13 am
@Jasper10,
You know why ten is so afraid of seven, do you? If you're going to talk rot, we might as all join in. Seven ate nine.

Do you know why we Aussies say; "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, OI, OI, OI."

Australia became a Federation on the first day of the first month in the first year of the 20th century. OI/OI/OI.
Jasper10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 07:13 am
@The Anointed,
I’m not talking rot at all…I’m talking perfect sense.The fact that you don’t understand is not my problem my friend.
igm
 
  0  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 10:48 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

What is Zen Buddhism?


There are many types of Buddhism to suit different personality types and Zen is one type with a way of practising meditation which is distinct from other forms of meditation practice found in other schools of Buddhism. This is really a question that can be answered via Google.
igm
 
  0  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 10:50 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Which of the two schools of Buddhism do you belong to igm, the traditional Sthaviravada line, or the more controversial Mahasanghika school?

I practise Tibetan Buddhism.
Jasper10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 10:58 am
@Jasper10,
Unless one has definitive proof that SELF does not exist then one has no option but to accept logic output possibilities.



Glennn
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 03:51 pm
@igm,
Quote:
This is really a question that can be answered via Google.

Well sure, but so can any questions one might have regarding your beliefs. Since you have identified yourself as a Buddhist, then Google has that covered.
glitterbag
 
  2  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 04:39 pm
@igm,
I don't understand why this has generated so much heat, is it really too much to ask a question without being subjected to "Oh, you suck and let me tell you why".
If I started a thread stating "I am a big fan of Amtrak, if you want to know why you are welcome to ask", would the regular contrarians grouse that "You didn't mention airports, why, do you hate airplanes"......sometimes it gets downright ridiculous around here.
igm
 
  2  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 04:39 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

This is really a question that can be answered via Google.

Well sure, but so can any questions one might have regarding your beliefs. Since you have identified yourself as a Buddhist, then Google has that covered.


Don’t you think there is an additional benefit in asking some questions interactively, not in respect of a general question about Zen Buddhism but other questions which may require mutual dialogue?

igm
 
  2  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 04:42 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I don't understand why this has generated so much heat, is it really too much to ask a question without being subjected to "Oh, you suck and let me tell you why".
If I started a thread stating "I am a big fan of Amtrak, if you want to know why you are welcome to ask", would the regular contrarians grouse that "You didn't mention airports, why, do you hate airplanes"......sometimes it gets downright ridiculous around here.



If I understand you correctly then you make an excellent point.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 04:47 pm
@glitterbag,
I was always taught that there are three topics you avoid in polite company. They are politics, sex and Buddhism (i.e. religion).

Any thread promoting a religion is going to generate some heat.
(Amtrak isn't on the list).

Here is a comparable religious thread.. The Buddhisrs ger off easy https://able2know.org/topic/560449-1.
The Anointed
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 05:37 pm
@igm,
So you have chosen to follow the teachings of one of the splinter groups of Buddhism that broke away from the traditionalists Sthaviravada line. OK.
0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  3  
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 06:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Oh, I'm sorry.....Is it your job to police the entire site? You must have the longest list of simmering resentments I have ever encountered, and apparently you love to share them here with everybody. I do want to thank you for your efforts to suck the minute amount of pleasure other people derive from the site, you insufferable kill-joy.
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/22/2021 at 10:48:48